Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very smooth upgrade. One real Mac, two hacks, all done within 15 minutes. I'm on APFS. Did all three straight from the App store....nice!

DO NOT download combo updated package if u update macOS from 10.14.2, just download the 2rd one.

@feelinglucky,

Can you (or anyone else) confirm that the non-combo download version does not attempt to do APFS file conversion if 10.14.2 is already installed on HFS+ ? ... would be pretty handy for people like myself if this is the case.

Cheers
Jay

So while everyone says "smooth update" (and mine did sucessfully update also), I wanted to add for anyone that is looking for what to expect during the update is that there were a couple "uncomfortably long" pauses on black screens where the progress bar seems to stop and there isn't any disk activity. Don't worry, just leave it and it will either turn to a white screen and reboot, or it will just reboot and start the next phase. It wasn't until after the 2nd reboot that I got any sort of a progress bar with estimated time. So, don't freak out, just be patient.

Also, using Clover bootloader, each reboot does seem to land Clover on the proper partition to boot from (Preboot or Mac Install, etc.) and then finally your normal macOS boot volume.

Last edited:
This is the first update for my new computer that I felt so nervous. I just used Software Update. It rebooted 4 times and all settings are kept.
螢幕快照 2019-01-23 22.22.43.png

In fact I rebooted one more time before the installation as I accidentally did not let Clover automatically select the partition for updating. Just let it run and it will work.

Last edited:
Updated from System Settings with a single reboot on my Z370-G Gaming PC.
System info still shows Unknown for Intel 9th Generation Core, needed to change it thru AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Language/Language.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.strings. (I was bored to wait).
Hardware encoding/decoding still not avaiable natively on my Gigabyte RX 580.
Now I'm updating the laptop, will post later.
Schermata 2019-01-23 alle 16.11.18 copia.png

I don't get it my disk is APFS but still can't install Combo update;

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 18.26.36.png

Today Apple released macOS 10.14.3, a major software update to macOS Mojave.

Thanks Tony! Updated easily on my First using macOSUpd10.14.3.pkg.

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 9.57.22 AM.png
The combo update said "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update" (just like everybody else) on my APFS Hacks -- and on my real Macs too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back