Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,I want to repost your post and efi files to another forum, could I? Of course, I will indicate the source.
from the rules:
  • This website and all of its content is copyright of tonymacx86 LLC. All rights reserved.
  • The content of this site may not be translated, transmitted or stored in any form on any other website or any other form of electronic retrieval system.
  • Any redistribution or reproduction of any content from this site in any form is prohibited without the express written consent of tonymacx86 LLC.

hi,I want to repost your post and efi files to another forum, could I? Of course, I will indicate the source.
Follow the form rules. Please respect tonymacX86's rules and do not repost the EFI to anywhere else. This is a great community and please help us maintain the good culture of TonyMacX86!

Hi Errrneist, I'm looking to buy the Thinkpad X1 extreme. Would you recommend it for hackintosh? (I'm a newbie btw)
Yes. Do your work yourself but so far I am enjoying it.

Has anyone tried to get the Nvidia 1050 Ti working in macOS? I noticed the x1 extreme has a bios option to disable integrated graphics and force the dgpu to use the internal/external displays so hypothetically this is possible (no optimus support required). Thanks
Haven't tried that yet. Feel free to try that and maybe create an issue on Github if you have any progress?

Hi what is the battery life like on the X1 extreme with Mojave? with average use?

Thank you
I am getting about three to four hours of decent use? I normally have it plugged in so don't take this seriously....

My X1E is on its way. I bought a DW1830 to go into it since it should be more compatible than the stock card. The thing is it looks like the stock card is 2x2 and the DW1830 is 3x3. For those that are using the DW1830, what did you do about the third antenna?

Reading conflicting things: some say to leave it empty, other say doing that isn't good, some say put in a third antenna and then they link to an antenna that isn’t compatible supposedly… well, the card is supposed to be M.2/NGFF format and they will link to an antenna that clearly states it is not M.2/NGFF compatible.
There is a LONG (like long) discussion on Github about Bluetooth issue and I pinned that issue on readme.MD. There are a lot of good things about adding in another antenna (and where to) in that discussion. I'd suggest reading that, just search "antenna".

For those using Final Cut Pro X, Compressor, DaVinci DO NOT upgrade to 10.14.3. Upgrading to 10.14.3 will cause those programs to run extremely slow. Rendering takes forever. This was verified on another thread as well. Could be a 10.14.3 bug or a UHD630 issue.
Good catch. I usually use macOS to code so I really haven't looked into this issue. I will write this into readme.MD. Thanks for your discovery!

Follow the form rules. Please respect tonymacX86's rules and do not repost the EFI to anywhere else. This is a great community and please help us maintain the good culture of TonyMacX86!
Sorry,I don't know this before. I will maintain the good culture of TonyMacX86 :p

Hi there,I have a little trouble when I wakeup my sleeping macos, I try to tap a certain key but not working, I tap many key just like control/alt(win)/command(alt)/space/left or right click of trackmouse, every time it can wakeup the hackintosh after a lot of keys tapped, but I dont know which key exactly works,can you guys give some tips? I am a newbie here, sorry for if it's a stupid question.

Hi there,I have a little trouble when I wakeup my sleeping macos, I try to tap a certain key but not working, I tap many key just like control/alt(win)/command(alt)/space/left or right click of trackmouse, every time it can wakeup the hackintosh after a lot of keys tapped, but I dont know which key exactly works,can you guys give some tips? I am a newbie here, sorry for if it's a stupid question.
Lol nothing wrong about being a newbie since the owner of thes post have no idea as well.

Possible solutions: Recently I released a EFI for 10.14.3, so if you haven’t tried that go try that first. For what you are encounter here, I recommend replace the VooDooPS2 Kext in /Kext with the VooDooPS2 in the kexts/legacy folder. Then try wake the laptop up using the two big left and right buttons for the track point. (In theory, it should wake up after you open the lid, but worth a try).

I encourage you go research more about this issue and please post your discoveries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back