Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing this update, I started having a strange issue where "phantom" icons for my boot SSD start appearing on the desktop. These are just plain icons, but they behave like they're the actual drive (i.e. they're not aliases). I can't delete them, and they go away when I reboot. I can't reliably reproduce the issue so I'm having trouble figuring out what's causing it. Anyone else? Any ideas?

I had this issue in the past with HD 530 graphics. Try (at boot in Clover) using the gears to get to Graphics ID and input 0x12345678 for the install cycle. Note, see message 4, is everything updated?

100%, that was it. Thanks for the fix!!

it works well only hdmi audio nvidia quadro k5200 does not work,

As per standard since 10.13, update went very smoothly on my main machine. Have yet to test on my HackBook Pro, which suffers from IPM incompatibility and dodgy graphics acceleration support. Suspect that machine will require more tweaking to get up and running.

Did anybody notice that iTunes version is older now with supplemental update? With 18D42, I had iTunes 12.9.3. But now it's 12.9.2 on 18D109. It's not a big deal but I wondered why Apple would do that.

Today Apple released macOS 10.14.3 Supplemental Update, a major software update to macOS Mojave. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the System Preferences pane or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.

What we know about 10.14.3 Supplemental Update so far...
  • macOS Build 18D109
  • Fixes Group FaceTime Bug
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS 10.14.3 Update
macOS 10.14.2 Update

macOS 10.14.1 Update

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store
[README] Common Problems/Changes/Fixes on Mojave
Updated my Sandy Bridge System using Software Update after first installing the latest UEFI Clover from tonymacx86 Downloads area. Three reboots later and all is working fine. I don't use MB sound but one of those US sticks for that.

Update Clover to 4862. To get the installer working I need to unplug all the other disks in my box.

No problem. Took about 6 minutes with 4 or 5 reboots.

WARNING! 10.14.3 can destroy rendering in Final Cut Pro X - rendering freezes the whole machine - maybe the problem is with plugins. So do not upgrade if you are dependent on fcpx. The problem is experienced both on Hackintosh and regular Macs.
Read more:

[SUCCESS] I just updated to 10.14.4 Beta 3 update fixes the problem in FCPX. ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back