1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think this update broke my Thunderbolt hot swap that I had going for my Alpine Ridge Rev 2 AIC.
Thunderbolt works, just no more hot-swappage. Everything else is fine.

Checked this on 2 separate systems. Reinstalled my burned-to-CD EFI. No dice.

I think this update broke my Thunderbolt hot swap that I had going for my Alpine Ridge Rev 2 AIC. See build sig. on the left. Thunderbolt works, just no more hot-swappage. Everything else is fine.

Checked this on 2 separate systems. Reinstalled my burned-to-CD EFI. No dice.

Update 5:39 Pacific Time: Reinstalled fresh onto a blank SSD with the new Mojave installer package/setup. Updated the kexts, rebuilt the kext cache, reapplied Thunderbolt patches, reinstalled the UAD Apollo driver. No dice. @LeleTuratti @kgp @jb007 -Everything else works fine. Thunderbolt on boot, just no on/off/on/off hot swap functionality.

Attachments

• Config and SSDTs.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 192
Update 5:39 Pacific Time: Reinstalled fresh onto a blank SSD with the new Mojave installer package/setup. Updated the kexts, rebuilt the kext cache, reapplied Thunderbolt patches, reinstalled the UAD Apollo driver. No dice. @LeleTuratti @kgp @jb007 -Everything else works fine. Thunderbolt on boot, just no on/off/on/off hot swap functionality.

If you want my help, please post in one of my threads and also specify which TB adaptor you are using at all. I don't think that anybody wants a TB discussion here as the entire TB implementation is totally macOS version independent.

Thanks @kgp I ended up looping around back to this thread after searching your posts, as your most active posts are in the "Live the Future Now/X299" series. Is this where you want me to post since my earlier posts were moved to this page? :think:

Thanks @kgp I ended up looping around back to this thread after searching your posts, as your most active posts are in the "Live the Future Now/X299" series. Is this where you want me to post since my earlier posts were moved to this page? :think:

Sure, to receive my feedback and if possible, also my help just post there. Anyway, note that at present and in my personal opinion, the most suitable TB hardware solution is the GC-Titan Ridge PCIe Adapter, although its performance is strongly motherboard (firmware) dependent. While on my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, TB and USB-C HotPlug just work flawless even with THB-C connected, I still face issues on wake from wake from sleep with TB devices connected during sleep, whilst else sleep wake just works flawless, even with UCB-C devices connected to the TTR controller. In contrary, anybody using the GC-Titan Ridge PCIe Adapter with the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10GB does not face any issues, and TB and USB-C HotPlug or even wake from sleep with TB connected to the TTR adaptor just work flawless. All this of course always provided that one is currently also using a properly adopted SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml + SSDT-DTPG.aml for his/her system. How would be the situation with your Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming, I do not now at all.

Had a very stable config with GC Titan Ridge / rx580 / LG 5k but screen is bank after 10.14.3 Supplemental Update. :( Everything else works (including LG 5k USB Camera, sound etc.) but blank screen on the LG 5k before once the login screen loads. My secondary monitor works (4K).

Any Suggestions?

I also made the following observations with my setup:

However, I already started with 10.14.3 - so I have no evidence, if it worked with earlier versions.

Best, Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back