Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
It turns out it was not needed. The latest version works. Be sure you install
That would be a big fat yes! I certainly haven’t regretted it. Grab yoursef an RX580 and no more worries about updates. If I can do my video editing as smooth as butter on Adobe Premiere Pro with it, then you can definitely benefit with it for any other reason you have.
I must agree. I installed a Sapphire Vega 64 and it works wonderfully. The screen is more responsive and rendering in adobe premiere at 4K is faster that it was with my GTX 1070 FE. I am sure it is just that the AMD drivers are optimized by Apple.

I must agree. I installed a Sapphire Vega 64 and it works wonderfully. The screen is more responsive and rendering in adobe premiere at 4K is faster that it was with my GTX 1070 FE. I am sure it is just that the AMD drivers are optimized by Apple.
Yes, when I was testing both Nvidia and AMD cards, the AMD one was used 100% during both playback and export. And macOS is more optimized for professional work, period.

Doing my 4K drone footage editing with color grading in Windows, it didn't matter whether I used the Nvidia or AMD, or whether I disabled the integrated graphics in a million ways. Premiere Pro in Windows seems to brutally insist on using the CPU and iGPU more, and the Nvidia was only utilized at 20-40%, and the AMD at 11-15%. Makes having a dedicated GPU in Windows 10 useless, and yes it was obviously a lot slower in exports and pretty stuttering in playback. It could also possibly be all Adobe's fault too, for not optimizing its software for Windows properly.

Updated from Mojave 10.14 right to 10.14.2 with out any problems.. : )

Today Apple released macOS 10.14.2, a major software update to macOS Mojave. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the System Preferences pane or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.
What we know about 10.14.2 so far...
  • macOS Build 18C49
  • Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
    • NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have NOT been updated for macOS Mojave yet. Users of NVIDIA Maxwell or Pascal graphics cards should stay on macOS High Sierra for now.
  • Updated audio drivers- established users of Mojave with AppleALC or VoodooHDA should not need to update.
  • Install macOS Mojave App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Mojave from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Mojave App can be found in the Applications folder.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS 10.14.1 Update

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store
[README] Common Problems/Changes/Fixes on Mojave
thanks a lot,

what happened to the regular app store update ? In my case, it didnt offer to update to 10.14.2

Finally did the update from Sys Prefs. Took 9:30 minutes, Perfect! All is working.
Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 3.25.41 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi Guys! Suddenly the update wasn't success for me and I need some help.

I used for a long time 10.14 (not sure .0 or .1) and decide to update from System's tab. After downloading in macOS GUI (it was 2.47 Gb) system restarted and when Clover loaded partitions screen there were no macOS partitions, only Windows and some external drives.

Clover version 2.4K rev 4700 and it worked normally on macOS Mojave before. What can I check?

Update: due thread rules moved my question here.

Last edited:
thanks a lot,

what happened to the regular app store update ? In my case, it didnt offer to update to 10.14.2

I have noticed the same behavior! I wonder why we stopped getting updates. I hope there is a solution, I'll let you know what I find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back