Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today Apple released macOS 10.14.2, a major software update to macOS Mojave. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the System Preferences pane or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.
What we know about 10.14.2 so far...
  • macOS Build 18C49
  • Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
    • NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have NOT been updated for macOS Mojave yet. Users of NVIDIA Maxwell or Pascal graphics cards should stay on macOS High Sierra for now.
  • Updated audio drivers- established users of Mojave with AppleALC or VoodooHDA should not need to update.
  • Install macOS Mojave App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Mojave from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Mojave App can be found in the Applications folder.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS 10.14.1 Update

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store
[README] Common Problems/Changes/Fixes on Mojave

Updated with Software Update. All smooth, triple reboot, no problems, like an Apple system. Exceptional CineBench R15 OpenGL score hmmmm....

HP 8300 Elite, 3750k, Nvidia 650Ti

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 2.56.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 2.56.15 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 190
Has anyone with a GTX 760 updated to this release?

Hello guys, updated from High Sierra to Mojave 14.1, then 14.2 using App Store Distributive without any issues. But I still have sleep and shutdown issues on my Acer Aspire r7 572g

Updated without any issues, though for me it was more like 4 reboots as it did it's thing.

On the graphics, good thing I had an extra R7 265 in the closet, just sad I can't use my GTX-1070 in Mojave *wet tear*

Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your Mojave functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first.:thumbup:

- There are NO Nvidia Web drivers. So, this update is for non Nvidia graphics card users.

- Make sure you use the latest versions of the Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. They will be in the Downloads > Kexts area. AppleALC.kext is located here.

Please post help requests in the Mojave Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Update to the latest Clover: Downloads > Clover Builds.
:ch: Update your apfs.efi according to tonymacx86's guide How to Update + Current and Past apfs.efi Downloads; (May substitute ApfsDriverLoader.efi)
:ch: Check to make sure your config.plist USB patch is:
Code:
<key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.14 by PMHeart,FredWst</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g/sPD4MDBQAA
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.14</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g/sPkJCQkJCQ
                </data>
or if you use PlistEdit Pro:
Find: 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00
Replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90​
:ch: Download the Mojave 10.14.2 Update or Combo Update in Post #1 or the update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.
Note: Update will reboot twice. So, sit back and relax.
:ch: Done! So far, easiest updated ever! :thumbup:

Hello I have to report that the USB port Limit patch is half working in Mojave, at least in the devices I tried, I want to try in other motherboards like Z270 or lower. I tough in Z370 the patch was fully working but no. I don't know if other people have this problem. USB port Limit patch in Mojave 10.14.0 was working perfect... The is the USB port Patch Limit is injecting only 15 port... not 26... I tried with a Z370 Pr4 Asrock... Asus B360M-A and a MSI Z390 A Pro... and in all cases is injecting only 15 ports. The problem is that is not injecting SSxx ports, only HSxx port from 1 to 14 and one USR1. I installed High Sierra in all three cases to have the opportunity to make a SSDT because the port limit patch fully works in high Sierra. With that I could detect the ports and map correctly with IORegistryExplorer...

With that I could detect the ports and map correctly with IORegistryExplorer...

If you reread the post on creating the SSDT then there are instructions on how to exclude the HSxx ports whilst you discover the SSxx ports.

Hello I have to report that the USB port Limit patch is half working in Mojave, at least in the devices I tried, I want to try in other motherboards like Z270 or lower. I tough in Z370 the patch was fully working but no. I don't know if other people have this problem. USB port Limit patch in Mojave 10.14.0 was working perfect... The is the USB port Patch Limit is injecting only 15 port... not 26... I tried with a Z370 Pr4 Asrock... Asus B360M-A and a MSI Z390 A Pro... and in all cases is injecting only 15 ports. The problem is that is not injecting SSxx ports, only HSxx port from 1 to 14 and one USR1. I installed High Sierra in all three cases to have the opportunity to make a SSDT because the port limit patch fully works in high Sierra. With that I could detect the ports and map correctly with IORegistryExplorer...

You’re not supposed to use the “USB Patch” if you’re doing the port discovery and then using the created SSDT

You’re not supposed to use the “USB Patch” if you’re doing the port discovery and then using the created SSDT

I am posting this is because I saw threads with people saying that the USB 3.0 ports are working with 2.0 speeds with Z390, and, yes, I know you can block the HSxx port with a boot arg... but a lot of people don't know that and is just to let know other people that they have to make a SSDT in order to have USB 3.0/3.1 in mobos with z370/z390/h370/b360/h310 because, if you only use the USB Port Patch Limit, it works but the patch can't inject all the ports only 15. That's why your USB 3.0/3.1 ports are working in USB 2.0 speeds because the patch inject from HS01 to HS14 and not the SSxx ports. Some people think that is a problem with the mobo chipset or something like that. I will try to make a test with Z270/B250 (with some friends) and check if in this mobos the patch works allowing to inject 26 ports... just testing to give more information to other people...

Check update from system preference, then download and reboot.
However, installation will not continue and crashed. Then I change clover into verbose mode and this time everything goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back