Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having trouble with Final Cut Pro 10.4.4 crashing the computer? I'm also having trouble with my USB, my custom SSDT file is there but for whatever reason I'm showing all HS ports in IORegistryExplorer and only 1 SS. I also am noticing random crashes, where system reboots, and sometimes just hangs up with a checkered transparent purple pattern on screen, until I force reboot.. Attached is the Crash Report after Final Cut crashed the PC and rebooted..
For USB, did you follow post 2? You will also need the USB Inject All kext too from the latest Multibeast for Mojave.

For Final Cut, do you have the latest Whatevergreen and Lilu kexts? And you will also need to follow the iDiots Guide to iMessage, to ensure your CPU and iGPU is recognized properly and all macOS features are working. I use Premiere Pro myself, but no crashes at all.

On my laptop the update went perfectly from 10.14.0 to 10.14.2 without needing to update any file of the efi.
ACER ASPIRE E1-571
I7 3xxx
HD 4000 graphics
8Gb of ram

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-12-11 a las 9.43.56.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-12-11 a las 9.43.56.png
    108 KB · Views: 111
Followed the steps mentioned in #2. Updated via System Preferences. Everything working Fine.

Open the Terminal app and do a kext cache rebuild, that worked for me
  • sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
  • sudo kextcache -u /
Thanks Ploddles for your fast reply... unfortunately didn't work :(
The system boots perfectly with one screen connected, I can even connect after the other 2 additional screens and they work flawless too... but the problem is to boot the computer with the 3 or 2 screens already connected.
I did paste this commands on Terminal but apparently is not working... here a screenshot of what it says, also a screenshot of my Kext folder (all kexts last versions).

My specs:
7700K i7 CPU
MSI Z270 Gaming M5 MoBo
AMD Radeon R9 390X GPU

Thanks a lot for your time, I hope not bothering.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-11 at 11.32.24.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-11 at 11.32.24.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot 2018-12-11 at 12.09.57.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-11 at 12.09.57.png
    663.1 KB · Views: 117
@Stork, what is the below USB patch for? I made a custom SSDT for my USB when I first installed 10.14, so I didn’t use the below patch when I updated to 10.14.2. I’m assuming I don’t need the patch, correct?

:ch: Check to make sure your config.plist USB patch is:
Code:
<key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.14 by PMHeart,FredWst</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g/sPD4MDBQAA
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.14</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g/sPkJCQkJCQ
                </data>
or if you use PlistEdit Pro:
Find: 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00
Replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90​
:ch: Download the Mojave 10.14.2 Update or Combo Update in Post #1 or the update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.
Note: Update will reboot twice. So, sit back and relax.
:ch: Done! So far, easiest updated ever! :thumbup:

@Stork, what is the below USB patch for? I made a custom SSDT for my USB when I first installed 10.14, so I didn’t use the below patch when I updated to 10.14.2. I’m assuming I don’t need the patch, correct?
Correct. The patch is for users who have not created the USB SSDT.

For those of you wondering. I updated to 10.14.2 on my Main drive this time (and fixed the USB patch), and I've tested again Premiere Pro. As you can see in the screenshot below, with OpenCL, RX580 is being used fully during an export of a 4K tutorial (does NOT even have color grading), and the amount of time it takes to export is less than the actual video time. For our 4K travel videos with color grading, takes as much time as the video itself (again the RX 580 is used in full).

If you're still thinking of dumping Nvidia for AMD, do not hesitate.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-11 at 14.17.56.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-11 at 14.17.56.png
    180 KB · Views: 1,835
Do you feel that the overall operating system runs smoother with the RX 580? I'm running a GTX 660 in my rig, its natively supported by macOS. Everything runs good for my uses, word processing, internet browsing, video streaming, and minimal premiere use. BUT I can tell things aren't as smooth as they can be. I've read plenty saying that the RX 580 will give better performance, do you feel like macOS runs smoother on the RX 580?

It is worlds smoother. I recently dumped my 980 Ti for a Vega 64 and as soon as I installed it and turned it on, the whole UI was smoother. The ATI driver must leverage Metal better or the Nvidia driver is still a laggy bugfest, not sure which. The RX 580 would probably be a great upgrade from a GTX 660.

Does anyone know if a new version of MultiBeast is coming out for 10.14.2? I would love to pin down my install right now but I prefer the MultiBeast release to line up with the macOS release...

I touch this check update and download by mistake.
how could i disable this update notification?

Thanks Ploddles for your fast reply... unfortunately didn't work :(
The system boots perfectly with one screen connected, I can even connect after the other 2 additional screens and they work flawless too... but the problem is to boot the computer with the 3 or 2 screens already connected.
I did paste this commands on Terminal but apparently is not working... here a screenshot of what it says, also a screenshot of my Kext folder (all kexts last versions).

My specs:
7700K i7 CPU
MSI Z270 Gaming M5 MoBo
AMD Radeon R9 390X GPU

Thanks a lot for your time, I hope not bothering.

All user kexts should be in /Library/Extensions folder and not on the EFI drive apart from FakeSMC.kext - note that is /Library/Extensions and NOT /System/Library/Extensions so make sure the latest versions of Whatevergreen.kext (v1.2.4) and Lilu.kext (v1.2.8) are there. I'd then do a quick First Aid on the drive just to make sure that file permissions are ok, from Disk Utility, and then rerun the clearing of the cache again.
Don't worry about the authentication message, that just means that they aren't signed by Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back