Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 10.14.2 is the smoothest version of macOS for me in a long time and probably the fastest. Still though HDMI and DVI give me black screens and freeze everything when connected. it is a shame considering RX580 is officially supported.
See how I got my Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card working in MyHero II build description; procedure is after the MultiBeast install information.

I think 10.14.2 is the smoothest version of macOS for me in a long time and probably the fastest. Still though HDMI and DVI give me black screens and freeze everything when connected. it is a shame considering RX580 is officially supported.

I use an RX580 connected to 2 dell monitors, 1 via HDMI and the other mDP. Both work seamlessly. On the initial boot after the update from 10.14.1 I only had 1 monitor working but a quick kext cache rebuild sorted that out. Do you have the latest Whatevergreen and lilu kexts?

Updated with no problem.
326473-b371fecc2e5b9bfb82ea887f87aca33f.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 12.51.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 12.51.10 PM.png
    9.4 MB · Views: 139
I have already replaced my Nvidia 1050 Ti 4GB for a Gigabyte AORUS RX 580 8GB. Best thing I ever did. Easier updates, Premiere Pro still utilizes it fully when color grading and exporting, and faster speeds for almost the same price.

Thank you exactly what I need :)

smooth update here no issues with a Nvidia 660.

I have already replaced my Nvidia 1050 Ti 4GB for a Gigabyte AORUS RX 580 8GB. Best thing I ever did. Easier updates, Premiere Pro still utilizes it fully when color grading and exporting, and faster speeds for almost the same price.
Do you feel that the overall operating system runs smoother with the RX 580? I'm running a GTX 660 in my rig, its natively supported by macOS. Everything runs good for my uses, word processing, internet browsing, video streaming, and minimal premiere use. BUT I can tell things aren't as smooth as they can be. I've read plenty saying that the RX 580 will give better performance, do you feel like macOS runs smoother on the RX 580?

Do you feel that the overall operating system runs smoother with the RX 580? I'm running a GTX 660 in my rig, its natively supported by macOS. Everything runs good for my uses, word processing, internet browsing, video streaming, and minimal premiere use. BUT I can tell things aren't as smooth as they can be. I've read plenty saying that the RX 580 will give better performance, do you feel like macOS runs smoother on the RX 580?

Both cards gave me smooth experience, even running only with the Intel HD 630 was also smooth (and was still able to do 4K video editing with color grading in Premiere Pro, although slower playbacks and exports of course).

Overall I feel the RX 580 was totally worth it, and that the “AMDs don’t work with Adobe products” is an absolute myth. I’ve noticed huge difference in performance. Will probably not go back to an Nvidia again. You will need the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts though, preferably even on the Installer thumb drive (in Kexts/Other) folder should you need to clean install at some point. It can help prevent the black screen during installation.

The only reason I would recommend an Nvidia instead of an AMD, is if you are using Adobe Premiere in Windows, but even then: Windows and Premiere Pro suck... big time! For some stupid reason, Premiere Pro in Windows uses the on-board Intel graphics for rendering, color grading, playback and exporting, and I did tests with the Nvidia and then the AMD card, both are only used at max 15% of their power, even when I completely disabled the HD630!

In macOS, I get 100% usage! I hate Windows so bad!

I had a few problems updating to 10.14.1 with my config.. so I am glad that 10.14.2 just went smooth sailing.

I am pretty sure if I went from 10.14.0 straight to 10.14.2 I would have had the same problems going to 10.14.1.

Which means, you should be good to go, if you have 10.14.1 running smoothly ;-) (no garantees!)

Hardware acceleration and quicksync working with Vega64 + headless coffee lake iGPU (UHD630)

h/w acceleration for H.264 and HEVC working with Vega64 + headless coffee lake iGPU (UHD630)
What brand of Vega 64 are you running. The world seems to have run out of Sapphire Nitro+ versions.

I reinstall the realtek alc892 driver using MultiBeast 10.4.0 - High Sierra. Everything is working.
Снимок экрана 2018-12-10 в 20.00.18.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back