Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited for the update but it never appeared, so I download the combo update an I found out why the automatic update never appeared. I don't have my disk in apfs.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Why deleted my post? Brake any rule?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 10.04.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 10.04.29 PM.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 141
When I was installing I got a message that 10.14.2 could not be installed (see attached screen shot). But when the screen went dark, I restarted it from my main disk. That was successful and says that it is 10.14.2. All is evidently good.

Attachments

• IMG_4947.jpg
    IMG_4947.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 168
I have a Sapphire Vega 64. I am using custompowereplay.kext in my clover directory along with whatevergreen.
On 14.1 fan of display card worked beautifully-very quiet. After the update the fan on the video card ran at full speed. I went into custompowerplay and changed the os version from 10.13 to 10.14. Everything is fine again.
Also, I had to disconnect all but my main drive or the update will not install. Very smooth after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the update installed and working, but have a graphics issue:

When I boot using my graphics card (even tho there's no up to date driver), it will get me past the apple loading screen and let me log in. Except the graphics are all messed up and glitchy.

When I boot using my Intel iGPU the apple loading screen goes black halfway thru and I lose all graphics.

Does any know what I might have done wrong? I have been using iGPU in the last few months cuz it gives me full functionality while I wait (in vain?) for the new web drivers.

I have a Sapphire Vega 64. I am using custompowereplay.kext in my clover directory along with whatevergreen.
On 14.1 fan of display card worked beautifully-very quiet. After the update the fan on the video card ran at full speed. I went into custompowerplay and changed the os version from 10.13 to 10.14. Everything is fine again.
Also, I had to disconnect all but my main drive or the update will not install. Very smooth after that.

What do you do if it says NO? I'm using an RD 580 and it's saying "Hardware Encoding Supported: NO"
Is this the same as FreeSync? Because my FreeSync Monitor is also saying OFF for FreeSync even though I have it on..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 9.49.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 9.49.58 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 223
Hardware encoder is an encoder for playing videos and editing.

FreeSync is a tehnology for AMD like V Sync, fix screen tearing.

Now back in our universe...black screen with RX560 and framebuffer patch... same with AppleGraphicsPolicy.. have to use WhateverGreen.

Hardware encoder is an encoder for playing videos and editing.

FreeSync is a tehnology for AMD like V Sync, fix screen tearing.

Now back in our universe...black screen with RX560 and framebuffer patch... same with AppleGraphicsPolicy.. have to use WhateverGreen.
Got it! I am using a RX580 with an LG 27UD58-B which supports FreeSync. When I click my monitor menu to go to game mode, it says FreeSync OFF, even though in the monitor game mode set up I have FreeSync enabled. I noticed a lot of screen tearing while I was running a game too.. How do I enable FreeSync output from my hackintosh?

I have the same monitor... menu -> picture -> game adjust -> freesync and you'll have 3 options, select one.
FreeSync work best with windows... and from my experience is better with hdmi 2.0 not display port. I am using DP for 10 bits color mode.

I switched SMBios from iMac18.3 to iMac 14.2 and now everything works, IGPU +DGPU.

I have the same monitor... menu -> picture -> game adjust -> freesync and you'll have 3 options, select one.
FreeSync work best with windows... and from my experience is better with hdmi 2.0 not display port. I am using DP for 10 bits color mode.

I switched SMBios from iMac18.3 to iMac 14.2 and now everything works, IGPU +DGPU.
I do have Extended selected, I've tried basic too, but if I go to Game Mode option from the menu is displays the current mode on the top right and says FreeSync: Disable.. Does yours show disable there too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back