Register

macOS 10.14.2 Update

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Today Apple released macOS 10.14.2, a major software update to macOS Mojave. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the System Preferences pane or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.
What we know about 10.14.2 so far...
  • macOS Build 18C49
  • Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
    • NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have NOT been updated for macOS Mojave yet. Users of NVIDIA Maxwell or Pascal graphics cards should stay on macOS High Sierra for now.
  • Updated audio drivers- established users of Mojave with AppleALC or VoodooHDA should not need to update.
  • Install macOS Mojave App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Mojave from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Mojave App can be found in the Applications folder.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS 10.14.1 Update

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store
[README] Common Problems/Changes/Fixes on Mojave
thanks a lot,

what happened to the regular app store update ? In my case, it didnt offer to update to 10.14.2

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

onx

Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Guys! Suddenly the update wasn't success for me and I need some help.

I used for a long time 10.14 (not sure .0 or .1) and decide to update from System's tab. After downloading in macOS GUI (it was 2.47 Gb) system restarted and when Clover loaded partitions screen there were no macOS partitions, only Windows and some external drives.

Clover version 2.4K rev 4700 and it worked normally on macOS Mojave before. What can I check?

Update: due thread rules moved my question here.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Vega64
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
thanks a lot,

what happened to the regular app store update ? In my case, it didnt offer to update to 10.14.2
I have noticed the same behavior! I wonder why we stopped getting updates. I hope there is a solution, I'll let you know what I find.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@coffeeshop, @Karl-Hungus,
Updates are now shown in the System Preferences > Software Update. I have my System Preferences icon in my launch bar, and the icon shows a number when there is a macOS update.