Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point exactly. WhateverGreen seems to be closed-source.

Dude :D Closed source means exactly that: 'the code is not visible to the public' by definition. You may or may not be allowed to use it, it is irrelevant. From security point, closed-source means possible backdoors.

Last edited:
Dude :D Closed source means exactly that: 'the code is not visible to the public' by definition. You may or may not be allowed to use it, it is irrelevant. From security point, closed-source means possible backdoors. And vit9696 seems to be a russian dude ... :)
Ok first, I am not a dude. :)

Second, the way I read your message, I thought that you meant because it was closed source, that he shouldn’t be allowed to use it. (Sorry, my bad :oops:).

3rd, I’ve been using it for a long time, and didn’t have an issue.

4th, if I was this paranoid, I would probably just go live off the grid. No Internet, and no people (and their darn selfie cellphones :lol:).

Take a few chances, life is short. ;) :p

3rd made me laugh :)
4th, it is not all or nothing, or black and white, mylady :D You may stay connected, just apply some computer hygiene, like don't use free VPNs or click links in emails from Nigerian Prince :D

Maybe, did not dig in as I'm not using the kext. What about these binaries? https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/tree/master/Prebuilt

What about them?

Early versions of WhateverGreen (even Lilu) were closed as the author was not ready to release the source.
But clearly now they are both open as is proven by availability of the source on github.

What about them?

Well ... there are binary files without source code, imho.

# file libHookMac.dylib
libHookMac.dylib: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back