HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Today Apple released macOS 10.14.1, a major software update to macOS Mojave. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the System Preferences pane or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.

Download the macOS Mojave 10.14.1 Update
Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 1.39.21 PM.png
What we know about 10.14.1 so far...
  • macOS Build 18B75
  • Support for Group FaceTime
  • Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
    • NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have NOT been updated for macOS Mojave yet. Users of NVIDIA Maxwell or Pascal graphics cards should stay on macOS High Sierra for now.
  • Updated audio drivers- to enable audio in macOS Mojave, see this post. Established users of Mojave with AppleALC should not need to update.
  • Updated USB drivers- Raise Port Limit patch updated for 10.14.1.
  • Install macOS Mojave App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Mojave from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Mojave App can be found in the Applications folder.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store
Update Directly to macOS Mojave
How to Create a macOS Mojave Public Beta USB
[README] Common Problems/Changes/Fixes on Mojave

Last edited:
Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your Mojave functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first.:thumbup:

- There are NO Nvidia Web drivers. So, this update is for non Nvidia graphics card users.

- Make sure you use the versions of the Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. Tthey will be in the Downloads > Kexts area. AppleALC.kext is located here.

Please post help requests in the Mojave Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Update to the latest Clover: Downloads > Clover Builds.
:ch: Update your apfs.efi according to tonymacx86's guide How to Update + Current and Past apfs.efi Downloads; (May substitute ApfsDriverLoader.efi)
:ch: Check to make sure your config.plist USB patch is:
Code:
<key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.14 by PMHeart,FredWst</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g/sPD4MDBQAA
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.14</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g/sPkJCQkJCQ
                </data>
or if you use PlistEdit Pro:
Find: 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00
Replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90​
:ch: Download the Mojave 10.14.1 update in Post #1 or the update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.
:ch: Done! So far, easiest updated ever! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Done on my old computer = no problem

New security update for HS available too (17G3025) = Nvidia web driver needs to be patched to bypass OS check until new one is out.

Last edited:
I hope this makes UHD 630 on 8th Gen chips easy. The Mac Mini is basically what you would build with 8th Gen Chips. All Desktop SKUs weirdly in a BGA socket with naked die contact, which is great for cooling though. I dont know if this is good news or bad news but I believe macos mojave did have coffee lake framebuffers and 10.14.1 surely will have them for 8100, 8400 and 8700 which the new Mac Minis have. The only problem is different chipsets. Also the new Mac Mini has an HDMI port on it. Hopefully HDMI ports work great with new update. I get a blank display. Have to do the port setting thing with KBL FB on an H310 with 18,1 SMBIOS ... New SMBIOS hopefully fixes UHD 630 acceleration.

Today Apple released macOS 10.14.1, a major software update to macOS Mojave. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the System Preferences pane or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.

Thanks Tony. Updated my Main, no trouble so far. No special steps of any kind just System Preferences Software update.
Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 1.48.06 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back