Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legacy update. Went smoothly. Needed a couple of reboots to get displayport HDMI audio to show up. Everything else appears to work OK.
atm.png

Today I gave up on waiting for Nvidia drivers.
I changed my MSI GTX 970 card to the MSI brand RX 580 Gaming
With a clean clover arrangement, finally everything works in perfect condition
Ekran Resmi 2018-11-06 20.28.11.png
Ekran Resmi 2018-11-06 20.30.30.png
About.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
I also removed my NVidia cards on my primary two machines and went to RX570's with no issues at all.

No, I would just get at least an AMD RX 560 and call it a day. No point of waiting for Apple/Nvidia to play nicely.

If I do this, is there anything I need to do other than delete my existing NVIDIA drivers? Anything else I would have to do with the config.plist?

Caution!! after the installation of 10.14.1 is lost quick sync

I also lost Quicksync after updating to 10.14.1. I had also updated Whatevergreen and Lilu kexts at the same time. I went back to previous versions of those kexts and now Quicksync works again.

View media item 191192

What you need to do is install the latest lilu and whatevergreen kexts. Delete the web driver and power down the system. replace the nvidia card with a amd and power back up..Done!

Thanks! I'll wait a little longer, since the AMD card costs $250... but if the drivers aren't forthcoming, I'll do as you suggest.

new usb 3.0 patch for 10.14.1. works flawlessly:
  • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
  • Find* [Hex]: 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00
  • Replace* [Hex] : 83FB0F90 90909090 90
  • Comment: USB Port limit patch 10.14.1
  • MatchOS: 10.14.1&2

Last edited by a moderator:
after update, when all set and done, restarted with a fatal osxaptio error.

Had to update my old OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi.

All perfect now!

Thanks for this feedback. This helped solving my problem.

Gosh, 10.14.1 got me a hard time! It installed OK but then, it just got stuck with no error message, with no crash or whatsoever, just not willing to start the GUI.
I even restored my previous 10.14 conf. from Time Machine backup 3 times, before I thought about changing the SMBIOS Product Model from iMac 17,1 to iMac 18,3 in the Clover options at boot time. Stupid me!
Then at last, it accepted starting, but with an intolerable flicker of the display, which I had already noticed with iMac 18,3 on Mojave.
Finally, after multiple trials, it turned out iMac 14,2 stopped the flicker for me.

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 11.23.47 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back