Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated using the downloaded combo package file.

The update went smooth but the audio was not available after rebooting and doing repeated reboots did not improve the situation.

I then updated the Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext on the EFI partition and did a kext cache rebuild (though this only works on the MacOS disk not the EFI), and after a few extra reboots the audio was back again.

All is working after direct update from 10.14 to 10.14.1 through System Preferences. Updated NVidia drivers (Apple native) are working swimmingly on my Kepler card.

Upgraded AppleALC.kext 1.3.1 -> 1.3.3, Lilu.kext 1.2.7 -> 1.2.8, WhateverGreen.kext 1.2.3 -> 1.2.4, and re-applied USB patch to config.plist before system update for posterity. No additional modification needed.

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 01.30.08.png

:ch: Update to the latest Clover: Downloads > Clover Builds.​
By coincidence I just noticed my current booted Clover is 4630 (Clover Configurator told me).

So should I just keep my existing newer 4630 or go "back" to the linked (recommended?) 4586

By coincidence I just noticed my current booted Clover is 4630 (Clover Configurator told me).

So should I just keep my existing newer 4630 or go "back" to the linked (recommended?) 4586
LOL! No, your 4630 is good to go. (A newer version was going to be posted, but fruitcake happened.)

I'm assuming you want to see my EFI config.plist?

Yes, if possible could you share your efi folder with the config.plist. I have the same m/b and processor. I would like to see how you did it. Maybe I could do the same. :)

Yes, if possible could you share your efi folder with the config.plist. I have the same m/b and processor. I would like to see how you did it. Maybe I could do the same. :)

Here you go. I've replace my serial numbers with 111 since you should be generating your own.
My kexts are FakeSMC, Lilu, USBInjectAll, and Whatevergreen. I can't take credit for doing all this on my own. I used the Clover Configurator tool to change from 14,2 to 18,3. I use a USB Audio device (Creative Omni 5.1) so I don't need the on-board audio (1150).

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 188
Here you go. I've replace my serial numbers with 111 since you should be generating your own.
My kexts are FakeSMC, Lilu, USBInjectAll, and Whatevergreen. I can't take credit for doing all this on my own. I used the Clover Configurator tool to change from 14,2 to 18,3. I use a USB Audio device (Creative Omni 5.1) so I don't need the on-board audio (1150).

Thanks, I'll let you know how it works.

Update on my sleep issue... not only was my screen not going dark during sleep, but I realized I was losing audio after "wake." Did some Googling, and realized that RebahMan had released a new version of Codec Commander last month. Downloaded it, and now the computer is not only sleeping again properly, but I have audio after wake. So, thanks @RehabMan!

I have updated with no changes, except my Lilu kext needed updating. Everything is working fine. I use a Xonar U3 USB audio device, so I can't comment on sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back