Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem on my build so far, easy update!
Noticed that my i5-8600K shows up as "3,6 GHz Intel Core i5". Before that, it was "Unknown CPU".

Is it mean that 8th gen Intel CPUs and Internal graphics are native in 10.14.1?

My current kexts related to i5-8600K:
- Lilu.kext
- IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
- FakePCIID.kext
- FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

Config.plist:
- Bootflag: -disablegfxfirmware
- FakeID: IntelGFX: 0x59128086
- Graphics: Inject Intel: false
- Graphics: ig-platform-id: 0x59120000

Not sure if any of these are not neccessary anymore on 8th gen builds... :confused:

Why did they put the OS updates in the System Preferences? I don't see the reason for this. I don't like the new App Store. Not everything I've downloaded shows up in "purchased" anymore and you can't see a detailed status on how long your download or install will take, it's just a loading circle.

two machines with H110 based MB . one with i5 6500 and other with i5 7400 CPU
the later one After few sudden reboots able to complete the update,

but still can't not boot from the hard drive only from the USB drive

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 13.38.26.png

Hi is that possible to create SSDT after the upgrading? I am looking for the solution of removing USB port limitation.
Yes, you can certainly create the SSDT after updating. However you'll still have the limitations clearly laid out in Rehabman's excellent guide. The upside of your work is you'll not have to mess with updating USB patches all the time.

Is there a new USB patch out there? The one in the original post does not do the "trick" :/

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 10.36.24.png

Everything's fine. No need to fix audio. Thanks

Ekran Resmi 2018-10-31 17.02.08.png

Updated from App Store... everything is ok.. still waiting for Nvidia :crazy:

I'm not sure but if you have an APFS formatted drive and you you forgot to add the updated apfs.efi or apfsdriverloader-64.efi then probably your drive won't show up. It's a wild guess though. Think I've read something about it when APFS was new.
This is a wild guess. I forgot to update my clover and apfs.efi and I booted in without any issues. Don't think that's his/her issue.

Last edited:
Why did they put the OS updates in the System Preferences? I don't see the reason for this. I don't like the new App Store. Not everything I've downloaded shows up in "purchased" anymore and you can't see a detailed status on how long your download or install will take, it's just a loading circle.

Because Apple is the craft of perfection.You welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back