Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hy guys, I’ve updated my sistem to 10.14.1 and the update went smooth, no problems at all. Everything seems to work ok, as before the update.
I’ve updated the sistem without my dedicated graphics card (rx580 nitro+) just for testing, because I’ve heard that UHD630 on i3’s will be natively supported, but is not. I’ve found a simple solution for this IGPU, and it’s still working in 10.14.1 as well. In the folowing days I’ll post a tutorial on how I’ve done it. This solution works for HD530 as well. But, keep in mind that I only worked with my motherboard, which is GA Z370-HD3, and with another one, GA H170-HD3. Below I’ve posted 2 pictures with my sistem working with 10.14.1.

Hi, can u post the solution once you are free. I am not able to make the acceleration work for i3 UHD630. Thanks!

Updated from Sys Pref, Followed instructions re: USB port patch and update AppleALC.kext to 1.3.3. No sound, USB 3 ports do not read USB3 drives

Solved sound: re-installed AppleALC.kext 1.3 (system did not like 1.3.3 one bit) and now I have sound back. Working on the USB3 mystery;

Also have this pesky "Prebooter" things back in the Clover Boot menu, sheesh!

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 6.43.14 PM.png

Last edited:
Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your Mojave functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first.:thumbup:

- There are NO Nvidia Web drivers. So, this update is for non Nvidia graphics card users.

- Make sure you use the versions of the Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. Tthey will be in the Downloads > Kexts area. AppleALC.kext is located here.

Please post help requests in the High Sierra Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Update to the latest Clover: Downloads > Clover Builds.
:ch: Update your apfs.efi according to tonymacx86s guide How to Update + Current and Past apfs.efi Downloads;
:ch: Check to make sure your config.plist USB patch is:
Code:
<key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.14 by PMHeart,FredWst</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g/sPD4MDBQAA
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.14</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g/sPkJCQkJCQ
                </data>
or if you use PlistEdit Pro:
Find: 83FB0F0F 83030500 00
Replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90​
:ch: Download the High Sierra 10.14.1 update in Post #1 or the update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.
:ch: Done! So far, easiest updated ever! :thumbup:
10.14.1 is for Mojave not for High Sierra? Why we post help request for Mojave in High Sierra Desktop Support page? There is already Mojave Desktop Support, right?

10.14.1 is for Mojave not for High Sierra? Why we post help request for Mojave in High Sierra Desktop Support page? There is already Mojave Desktop Support, right?
You are correct. Admin simply has not updated/proofread the page. These guys are really busy working hard to make sure we have all we need to make our hacks work. Let's all give them praise, not criticism.

Updated like a real Mac lol. everything works perfectly. don't need usb patch since I used fbpatcher to make a kext for that. What I really like about hackintoshing is that once you pass the learning curve, its pretty easy to keep your system from breaking.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 11.06.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 11.06.10 PM.png
    180.6 KB · Views: 286
I have a problem with my macOS 10.14.1 , since i update it and it doesn’t show up the macos partitions it only show the recovery partition, some one help me please
If you have access to macOS on a real Mac or another Hackintosh try to make a booteable USB installer with macOS and with that version of clover it might show up.

I have a problem with my macOS 10.14.1 , since i update it and it doesn’t show up the macos partitions it only show the recovery partition, some one help me please

I'm not sure but if you have an APFS formatted drive and you you forgot to add the updated apfs.efi or apfsdriverloader-64.efi then probably your drive won't show up. It's a wild guess though. Think I've read something about it when APFS was new.

Hy guys, I’ve updated my sistem to 10.14.1 and the update went smooth, no problems at all. Everything seems to work ok, as before the update.
I’ve updated the sistem without my dedicated graphics card (rx580 nitro+) just for testing, because I’ve heard that UHD630 on i3’s will be natively supported, but is not. I’ve found a simple solution for this IGPU, and it’s still working in 10.14.1 as well. In the folowing days I’ll post a tutorial on how I’ve done it. This solution works for HD530 as well. But, keep in mind that I only worked with my motherboard, which is GA Z370-HD3, and with another one, GA H170-HD3. Below I’ve posted 2 pictures with my sistem working with 10.14.1.

Will be waiting for this. I have the same processor but I have some issues with blank display on HDMI on H310 Pro VH which I have no idea how to get working with full acceleration. I believe there is something to do with port mapping but I guess I need to look more into that. Waiting for MacMini SMBIOS and hopefully native support for UHD630 with that.

Update went smooth on Dell XPS 13 9350. No issues at all. Memory footprint seems a little smaller, more than 9GB out of 16GB almost always available. Sleep and USB works as well. Nice.

I've updated my hackintosh without any issues. I still waiting for NVIDIA web drivers for Mojave:banghead:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back