Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update done. Everything is working no need to reinstall audio drivers for me even all USB ports working, 3.0 and 2.0

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-30 um 19.49.59.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-30 um 19.49.59.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 283
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-30 um 19.49.36.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-30 um 19.49.36.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 338
It's true, I lost one usb3.0 front and all usb3.0 back.

Me too. The whole update process was smooth, everything else is fine.

Edited:
Had one sleep and woke up with USB functioning... weird.

Last edited:
Successful Update

After update completed, system booted fine, no need for rebuilding caches either, everything working like it was before installation.
Update.png

Last edited:
I just updated to macOS Mojave 10.14.1 via System Preferences without issues.

System rebooted twice on it's own and the update took 13 minutes.

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 3.06.43 PM.png

I hope this makes UHD 630 on 8th Gen chips easy. The Mac Mini is basically what you would build with 8th Gen Chips. All Desktop SKUs weirdly in a BGA socket with naked die contact, which is great for cooling though. I dont know if this is good news or bad news but I believe macos mojave did have coffee lake framebuffers and 10.14.1 surely will have them for 8100, 8400 and 8700 which the new Mac Minis have. The only problem is different chipsets. Also the new Mac Mini has an HDMI port on it. Hopefully HDMI ports work great with new update. I get a blank display. Have to do the port setting thing with KBL FB on an H310 with 18,1 SMBIOS ... New SMBIOS hopefully fixes UHD 630 acceleration.

My i5 8400 is listed as 2.81 GHz Intel Core i5. Before this update was unknown. Need USB patch.

My i5 8400 is listed as 2.81 GHz Intel Core i5. Before this update was unknown. Need USB patch.

I need the USB patch too. I get no sleep/wake and shutdown. But probably because I get no acceleration either. Have been struggling with it for weeks. I only got it to work with 10.13.4 with kaby lake platform Id spoof but it didn't work very well. This weekend im going to give hackintosh another try with 10.14.1 (probably my 100th try before breaking it everytime, dont have a mac). Hope UHD630 works and new SMBIOS are out too.

No issues after updating, just 2-3 restarts during update and that's all.When Multibeast & Clover will be released?

updated here, HP 840 G2 laptop, no issues...

Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your Mojave functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first.:thumbup:

- There are NO Nvidia Web drivers. So, this update is for non Nvidia graphics card users.

- Make sure you use the versions of the Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. Tthey will be in the Downloads > Kexts area. AppleALC.kext is located here.

Please post help requests in the High Sierra Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Update to the latest Clover: Downloads > Clover Builds.
:ch: Update your apfs.efi according to tonymacx86s guide How to Update + Current and Past apfs.efi Downloads;
:ch: Check to make sure your config.plist USB patch is:
Find: 83FB0F0F 83030500 00
Replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90​
:ch: Download the High Sierra 10.14.1 update in Post #1 or the update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.
:ch: Done! So far, easiest updated ever! :thumbup:

Is there a new APFS file Stork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back