Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem to like my system. Software Update says there are no updates available and when I download the updater from the link on post 1 I get this:-

View attachment 362011

is your boot disc APFS formatted? I had a similar problem and fixed it by cloning to another boot drive, booted off that, then reformatted my main drive to APFS and cloned it back - after that, the Software Update pane worked.

Hi Taranta, I see you are using your HD 530 iGPU... Does it works fine? Did you remove your GTX 970?
Hi pit512
I disconnected the power cord my GTX 970 and I'm waiting for the nvidia driver, but the HD530 only works as HDMI.
I couldn't run it if I tried multiple paths for dual monitors.
The framework is working correctly but have problems sleeping and waking up.
My config.plist file in previous post, at the same time whatevergreen and lilu kext files are in Library/Extensions folder

Smooth update on my Lenovo G50-80 through Sys Prefs. Everything is working
as before ...

Hi pit512
I disconnected the power cord my GTX 970 and I'm waiting for the nvidia driver, but the HD530 only works as HDMI.
I couldn't run it if I tried multiple paths for dual monitors.
The framework is working correctly but have problems sleeping and waking up.
My config.plist file in previous post, at the same time whatevergreen and lilu kext files are in Library/Extensions folder
Thanks Taranta, will have a look at your config.plist

Yes, you can certainly create the SSDT after updating. However you'll still have the limitations clearly laid out in Rehabman's excellent guide. The upside of your work is you'll not have to mess with updating USB patches all the time.
Thanks! Will try that method.
Currently using USB3.1 port connected with a usb-hub.

Updated today, everything went smoothly except I lost sleep (the monitor goes to sleep but the computer itself doesn’t). Ironically I had only just gotten it to work by replacing my GPU from GTX 980 to RX 580!

I’m guessing this is related to the USB port issue everyone is talking about.

Everyone is mentioning making an SSDT, but can I just use the IntelFB patcher tool to do the same thing?

After announcement of Coffe Lake based Mac Mini with Intel UHD 630 graphics, does this update bring CPU and, more importantly, GPU (Intel UHD 630) native support without id spoof? Did anyone try?

Took a few weird reboots, and I worked on the machine in between them. Clover had 5 options to boot from instead of 4 for like 3 times, and then it was sorted. I tried various options to boot from, but overall update has installed ok. :)
Screenshot 2018-11-01 at 11.21.00.png

Spoke too soon... first time my rig went to "sleep," it reverted to the same problem I had when I first upgraded to Mojave... the screen freezes, but doesn't go dark. I "fixed" this last time to toggling the Darkwake settings a couple of times... hopefully that will work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back