Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13 Hackintosh on HP OMEN ce003na

Status
Not open for further replies.
I commented those as they were causing compiling errors, and I thought some guide said to do so.

You're commenting the wrong lines.
Read the guide carefully (comment the 'External', not the field definition)... the guide even provides examples of the correct lines to comment.
Note that if you update to the latest MaciASL/iasl, you will not even have those errors.

You're commenting the wrong lines.
Read the guide carefully (comment the 'External', not the field definition)... the guide even provides examples of the correct lines to comment.
Note that if you update to the latest MaciASL/iasl, you will not even have those errors.

Updated MaciASL, still got the errors. Fixed them manually though, as shown in the guide.

Having done as instructed, battery still doesn't work.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting Files.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 59
Updated MaciASL, still got the errors. Fixed them manually though, as shown in the guide.

Having done as instructed, battery still doesn't work.

Since fixing your ACPI, make sure you did EC reset.
And if you're booting from HDD, make sure you use abm_firstpolldelay to set a larger delay.
Full details here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

For some reason, you have decided to misspell abm_firstpolldelay (you have -abm_firstpolldelay, which of course is ignored).

Also, your ACPI configuration is potentially wrong (too many SSDTs there... so I won't check them).
No need for all those SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
All renames should be done in config.plist such that you avoid patching SSDTs completely.

Since fixing your ACPI, make sure you did EC reset.
And if you're booting from HDD, make sure you use abm_firstpolldelay to set a larger delay.
Full details here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

For some reason, you have decided to misspell abm_firstpolldelay (you have -abm_firstpolldelay, which of course is ignored).

Also, your ACPI configuration is potentially wrong (too many SSDTs there... so I won't check them).
No need for all those SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
All renames should be done in config.plist such that you avoid patching SSDTs completely.

Those patched SSDTs etc are from onejay09 over on InsanelyMac - he's helping me with the Nvidia Backlight issue.

Those patched SSDTs etc are from onejay09 over on InsanelyMac - he's helping me with the Nvidia Backlight issue.

No need to patch any SSDTs.
Do all renames with config.plist so you avoid patching SSDTs.
(it just makes for extra work when looking for problems when you have patched SSDTs that you don't need).

Injection of backlight properties can be done with an add-on SSDT, or even config.plist/Devices/AddProperties (or Devices/Arbitrary).

But I checked your DSDT.
It is still patched incorrectly (you have removed some fields in SystemMemory, which as I mentioned before throws the offsets of everything that follows).

But I checked your DSDT.
It is still patched incorrectly (you have removed some fields in SystemMemory, which as I mentioned before throws the offsets of everything that follows).

Could you possibly patch my DSDT with the battery patch and add this to the DSDT for me and send it to me? I'm getting a new error when trying to compile which wasn't there before (and I'm using a fresh DSDT).

Could you possibly patch my DSDT with the battery patch and add this to the DSDT for me and send it to me? I'm getting a new error when trying to compile which wasn't there before (and I'm using a fresh DSDT).

I open the DSDT.aml from ACPI/origin directly in latest MacASL (see my ACPI patching guide for link).
Then I click compile... result: no errors.

The patch you're trying to apply is "Brightness Fix" (read my ACPI patching guide carefully).
It applies to your DSDT.aml without causing any error.

Note: As is typical of very recent laptops, you can open DSDT.aml directly because your ACPI set has embedded External opcodes (a relatively new feature in iasl, so now that OEMs are starting to upgrade their tools, getting a correct disassembly is not as tricky as it once was).

Last edited:
You should make sure you have the correct setting in MaciASL->Preferences.
Must be using ACPI 6.2a.

That version isn't there - only 6.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back