Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

high sierra 2020-006 not compatible with geoforce gt 650m ... hm ... what to do now? are they bringing an update or is it a problem now...?

high sierra 2020-006 not compatible with geoforce gt 650m ... hm ... what to do now? are they bringing an update or is it a problem now...?
You should start a new topic and describe how it is not compatible. If yours is MacBook Pro with 650M, it’s already been supported natively.

MacOS High Sierra 2020-06 Updates & MacOS Mojave 2020-06 Updates

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211946

Check Nvdia drivers

Nvidia release driver dated 17 November 2020 New Drivers updates for High Seirra 10.13.6

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/167083/en-us

Made a complete Carbon Copy Clone to a new drive via USB (afterwards, disconnected the old one just in case then:

1. Updated Clover EFI from 4428 to 4586
2. Clicked update to 10.13.6 from App store. That started a download and setup the installation drive.
3. Upon reboot...selected 'Install MacOS' from Clover boot up options (and not the usual 'Boot Mac Os' option)
4. Waited about 10 mins and PC rebooted again with me choosing "Install MacOS" again.
5. Install continued until the PC rebooted and then this showed up:

your-computer-restarted-because-of-a-problem-mac.jpg

That freaked me out a bit and I though I was missing something...but I let it restart.

6. Upon restart, no more "Install MacOS" option in Clover anymore, so I booted as I normally did.
7. About 1/8 into the installation progress bar...the computer rebooted. I again chose my normal start option and again got the above picture.
8. This happened about 5 times, with the progress bar stalling at about 1/8 for the 1st few reboots then, it progressed...I was doubtful I'd ever get further.
9. After about 40 mins I was back up and fully working as I was before on 10.13.3. My boot drive is currently running off of USB and my thunderbolt audio interface is working just fine. I will insert it back into my machine shortly.

Apart from that, I did not install or add anything else (no kext, lilu...NOTHING). Everything seems to work as before.

1678897779121.png

That's a win for me.

Last edited:
Back