Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

I cannot install 2020-001. I restart the computer, select the "Boot MacOS installer from...", but the progress bar always stuck at a certain point, then restarts. The next time I try to boot it says "Your computer restarted because of a problem"...

Do you have any suggestions? It's really annyoing. I have RX580 Pulse, clover, and Whatevergreen installed.

Thank you!

Did you ever sort this out? I'm freezing on Apple logo when trying to install.

Another security update, another broken nvidia driver. Hope nvidia releases one soon. Integrated graphics on a i7 4779 are terrible. Then again, at least I have graphics.

no luck for me. I downloaded the SecUpd2020-002HighSierra installer, run it, restart, boot into clover, set the boot options to -x -v vn_disable=1 -no-zp, then boot from the install mac os from my internal drive, and it just boots. No install. This process has worked for me in the past. Any ideas?

update: I forgot I had to boot from a USB drive for clover. Update installed.

Last edited:
Awwright!!! My 980Ti graphics are back! Thank you Lavem for the link! Who knows how long it would be before the updater was updated with the new version but I was checking every two hours. Update and graphics working fine, but I think my 6 year old sound chip is defunct.

Security updates 2020-002 (17G12034) working very well. AMD Radeon RX 580 Sapphire works! Take note updates the macos before updating adobe creative cloud. If the computer rebooted by itself after updating adobe software. Let the computer rebooted itself and it will be okay after that process.

No USB patch needed.

Nvidia web Drivers

Last edited:
Updated this AM via the AppStore with no issues. 2x reboots before completion. Rebooted with "nvda_drv=0" boot flag, then ran nvidia-update.sh to update my Nvidia drivers. After another reboot everything is golden.

HSUpdate.png

I opened my config.plist in Clover Configurator and added patch directly in «Text Mode» tab to «KextsToPatch» block. Then pressed «Synchronize» button.

After this, you should see this patch in «Kernel and Kext Patches» tab.

Code:
<dict>
   <key>Comment</key>
   <string>USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart</string>
   <key>Disabled</key>
   <false/>
   <key>Find</key>
   <data>
   g32IDw+DpwQAAA==
   </data>
   <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
   <false/>
   <key>MatchOS</key>
   <string>10.13.x</string>
   <key>Name</key>
   <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
   <key>Replace</key>
   <data>
   g32ID5CQkJCQkA==
   </data>
</dict>

ABmZdR+

mkvDS4+

I know I am digging up an OLD post but this fix resolved the issue I was having on installing Catalina on my almost 9 year old MSI H55-E33 build. I was able to boot from the USB, but when it went to the 2nd start up from the SSD to finish the install it was stuck on "waiting for root device" with the prohibited entry sign. I followed your steps to "hand jam" the patch in text mode and I was able to boot into the installer.

Back