Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

It wouldn't be the first time people try to update and something's wrong.

There's stuff about it, but not here on TonyMac. I've been following the conversation on Discord, and there have various reports of GPU driver problems, but nothing I can confirm.

There's stuff about it, but not here on TonyMac. I've been following the conversation on Discord, and there have various reports of GPU driver problems, but nothing I can confirm.

Absolutely normal. Drivers aren't ready until a couple of days. (Although it can work with another one older).

Absolutely normal. Drivers aren't ready until a couple of days. (Although it can work with another one older).

Agreed, which is why I normally wait to a few days to make the jump myself. Older drivers are having reports of working for a short while and then locking up.

OK. Updated.

1.83Gb, 3 reboots. As always, I had to patch with AGDPFix to update my Nvidia Drivers (387.10.10.10.40.129).

Everything's fine: bluetooth, sound and graphic card.

Hi, I am at build 17G7024 and downloaded WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.129.

Can you help me in what order should I update my system? Previously I have done all updates using iGPU. But now I have NVIDIA GPU, I don't want to be stuck in a black screen.

Can you help me in what order should I update my system? Previously I have done all updates using iGPU. But now I have NVIDIA GPU, I don't want to be stuck in a black screen.

I'm partial to using Benjamin Dobell's script - https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update
Basically, just run and done...

As for the order, I'd install the update and then run the script. Works every time, if the drivers are out.

If you also talking about running both the iGPU and the NVIDIA card at the same time, then you have to have the proper configuration for that. I personally use Lilu and Whatever-Green and do a Frame-rate patch. Never had any issues, it picks up on About My Mac, and hardware acceleration work like a charm

This update isn’t available anymore on AppStore or for direct download!

Can you help me in what order should I update my system?
Use webriver.sh. Also there are a lot of topics on installing video driver. Please do some digging on this site!

webriver.sh
I know how to install drivers. I just wanted to ask in which order should I install drivers and got my answer from Draque. (Driver first or update first.) But thanks anyway.

Back