Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

My Clover menu loaded significantly slower after the security update (17G6029). I solved it by deleting the Clover folders within EFI, reinstalled MultiBeast, and dragged back the config.plist that I saved as a backup before. Now it just needs about 1 second to load the Clover menu, comparing to almost 30 seconds before.

17G6030 did not cause the issue.

1. Open Clover Configurator and mount your EFI partition
  2. Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator
  3. In left menu select 'Boot'
  4. At 'Boot' options search for 'Debug'.
  5. It must be UNticked!
  6. Save the config.plist.
That should work for the next time. ;)

Everything perfect with the security update 2019-002 v10.13.6 - 17G6030 April (2nd after 17G6029 of March).

2 restarts, and from 37' to less than 5' to finish the installation.

After that, neither sound or Nvidia drivers were fine, so installed AGDPfix again, another restart, and everything seemed to be perfect.

A message showed 'Nvidia .123 was not compatible', and a few seconds after a message showed new .124 Nvidia version. Another restart after installation and everything is as it should be.

Last edited:
After that, neither sound or Nvidia drivers were fine, so installed AGDPfix again, another restart, and everything seemed to be perfect.

I'm using LIlu and WhateverGreen, haven't used AGDPfix app since then.

No problems here with the update, 2019-002 v10.13.6 - 17G6030, installed via App Store on my HP 8300 Elite. First reboot auto-restarted first time with Clover and it had the MacOS install selected, then rebooted again and it had Install MacOS selected in Clover, 3rd reboot normal, no issues.

Ran security update today (17G6030) via App Store and then installed NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.124. No issues from what I can see so far.

Security update is blocked during install ... quiet a new way of doing things for me ...keep searching

17G6030 installed yesterday. Everything was almost fine.

Installed latest clover + kexts, reboot, switched back the primary display on iGPU in the bios, did unplug my gtx 1060, only let 1 display on the internal GPU, and launch the installation of the security update.
A few minutes later, I updated the drivers for the gtx, switched back the primary display on main GPU, and everything was ok after the next reboot.

Ran the update and had to use the USB Boot Loader (Clover 4428) and then run the update from the boatload screen several times to get the update to Finnish. When I boot from the USB and then Load the OS from my HardDrive, it will boot into the desktop OK but with the default drivers. I can go to About This Mac and it shows the update has happened successfully (10.13.6), but I can ONLY get to boot to desk top IF I use the USB install boot loader... Thats using clover 4428. When I let it run through the BIOS screen, and it goes to the hard drive clover, thats running 4910... The I boot from the HD It hangs.... This is the END of when I include the VERBOSE mode (let me know if there is a way to scroll back up so I can get it all...). Thanks for any help.... I know the OS is on the HD and I can get to it using the USB boot loading, I;ve messed up the HD Clover or something... Grrr. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and when I get to the desktop, I can "Get Info" on the Hard Drive and it says the FORMAT is APFS.... When I boot through to the hard drive, the clover icons 4910 show APFS, but when I use the USB boot loader, it shows the icons as HFS..... At the Clover screen I have 5 icons - External Boot MacOS Install from Install MacOS HS (thats the USB I am guessing), Boot File Vault from PreBoot, Boot Mac OS Install Prebooter from Preboot, Boot MacOS from OS (thats my main HD), and Recovery..... Not sure if that matters....

Attachments

• JPEG_20190414_181811_3946416270289091476.png
    JPEG_20190414_181811_3946416270289091476.png
    556.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Back