Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

My hack is on 17G5019 but the security update is not offered to me. Any suggestions why it is not offered to me via AppStore? Safari update was offered and already installed.
I know I am not answering your question, but if you just want to update and forget about the App Store you can try it via Apple Support site.

I can't get the 002 security update to install. I have tried the app store and support site versions. It runs and gets to the 'restart' step, screen goes black, cursor and keyboard still work (media eject for example ejects the tray), and it just sits there. I let it sit for a couple of hours and still nothing.

I can't get the 002 security update to install. I have tried the app store and support site versions. It runs and gets to the 'restart' step, screen goes black, cursor and keyboard still work (media eject for example ejects the tray), and it just sits there. I let it sit for a couple of hours and still nothing.
Check this thread, I have the same problem, only I don't have time to update now, but this worked for me on the 2018-002 security update: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...update-2018-002-10-13-6-deja-vu.264651/page-2

When I have had the problem before, I would just manually select the 'install' boot loader. That is not working for me, it just gives me a circle with a line through it and stops when selected.

Latest security update for high sierra (17G6029) broke my hdmi audio ( GTX 1070 ).
I'm using nVidia Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.123

Last edited:
Current Status: When I tried to install 2019-002, it left me at a black screen (with functional mouse). Upon reboot I have the ‘install’ boot option but it just gives me a ‘stop’ (circle with line through it) and hangs. System starts up fine but will no longer shuts down or restarts properly (always goes to same black screen from above). When sitting at the black screen, there is HDD activity and the mouse works if that matters.

I tried following the email above (using the ‘file vault pre-boot option’) but that left my system non bootable (had to boot from backup drive and reinstall clover to get it bootable again).

Kind of stuck at the moment - any thoughts other than a reinstall. Was planning on doing a clean install of Mojave at some point but am still using NVidia so that is not an immediate option.

Current Status: When I tried to install 2019-002, it left me at a black screen (with functional mouse). Upon reboot I have the ‘install’ boot option but it just gives me a ‘stop’ (circle with line through it) and hangs. System starts up fine but will no longer shuts down or restarts properly (always goes to same black screen from above). When sitting at the black screen, there is HDD activity and the mouse works if that matters.

I tried following the email above (using the ‘file vault pre-boot option’) but that left my system non bootable (had to boot from backup drive and reinstall clover to get it bootable again).

Kind of stuck at the moment - any thoughts other than a reinstall. Was planning on doing a clean install of Mojave at some point but am still using NVidia so that is not an immediate option.

That's because you have checked in Clover Boot Options -> Graphics -> Use Nvidia Web Drivers. Unchecked it, let the system run and when you'll be at the desktop with Default MacOS Graphics driver (with a very bad resolution).

Run AGDPFix until appears the message that the system has to restart.

When system restarts again apply Nvidia Web Drivers or wait until the message from Nvidia appear in your screen to install. If the problem with resolution continue, see in Clover Boot Options -> Graphics and check it.

If it doesn't work, send a picture to see what's wrong.

Last edited:
That's because you have checked in Clover Boot Options -> Graphics -> Use Nvidia Web Drivers.
I doubt that's the problem; update worked for me with that box checked (also worked before when updating to Security Update 2019-001). More likely there is a problem with the existing nVidia Web Driver. You could uninstall it before updating, which would set the graphics back to the default MacOS driver, then update the OS, then use the Update function of Web Driver Manager to download and install the latest driver. That MIGHT work.

I doubt that's the problem; update worked for me with that box checked (also worked before when updating to Security Update 2019-001). More likely there is a problem with the existing nVidia Web Driver. You could uninstall it before updating, which would set the graphics back to the default MacOS driver, then update the OS, then use the Update function of Web Driver Manager to download and install the latest driver. That MIGHT work.

It worked for you... and for me, but casuistics made me be cautious. It's not the 1st time that happened to me and a lot of users.

So the problem is that the user just updated. So if the problem is the black screen, my advise is uncheck Nvidia web drivers and restart the system with Mac OS Graphics Driver, at least to check all comes from the Nvidia drivers. Then he will reinstall them and restart the system, but not without execute AGDPfix first.

It has happened to me a lot of times, this time included.

No AGDPfix, no party.

EDIT: the user wrote and now I completely understood everything. Sorry.

Last edited:
Back