Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

Security update 2019-001 for Mac OS 10.13.6 was released yesterday. No nVidia Web Driver update yet.
NVIDIA web driver 387.10.10.10.40.118 to match "Security Update 2019-001 10.13.6" has been released.
The new web driver installed well, and CUDA driver version 410.130 works with no available update.
Screen Shot new.png

NVIDIA web driver 387.10.10.10.40.118 to match "Security Update 2019-001 10.13.6" has been released.
The new web driver installed well, and CUDA driver version 410.130 works with no available update.

Thanks, Ironwood, you beat me to it! Works fine on my Mini-ITX, too. Audio is there, graphics performance has not changed.

Thanks! All good here.
After the security update & new webdriver Nvidia sleep doesn't work anymore. It did work with the previous webdriver.
Is it the security update that broke it or the Nvidia driver?
The screen goes black with pulsing light but motherboard and graphic card don't go 'to sleep'.
How can I fix it?

After the security update & new webdriver Nvidia sleep doesn't work anymore. It did work with the previous webdriver.
The screen goes black with pulsing light but motherboard and graphic card don't go 'to sleep'.
How can I fix it?

No expert here, but what happens if in nVidia Web Driver Manager you select the default MacOS Graphics Driver? Same problem, or not? If same problem, it's probably the Security Update.

How can I fix it?
I have a several operating systems on a number of disks and gave up on sleep as long as restart and shutdown work. If it is the security update there isn't anything we can do. For years I've followed advice to always physically uninstall the old driver before installing the new one. It's better to assume the installer may not properly remove the old. In any case I would uninstall the driver using the preference pane in system preferences, restart and reinstall.

I have a several operating systems on a number of disks and gave up on sleep as long as restart and shutdown work. If it is the security update there isn't anything we can do. For years I've followed advice to always physically uninstall the old driver before installing the new one. It's better to assume the installer may not properly remove the old. In any case I would uninstall the driver using the preference pane in system preferences, restart and reinstall.
Thanks for the advise, I’ll keep that in mind.
But strange things do happen, just checked again, sleep works again.....

Hi,
any people know Why don't get updated to Security Update 2019-001 10.13.6?
Always show this error
Help me, please
Thanks

Attachments

• Installer Log 7-Feb-2019.txt
    93.5 KB · Views: 136
High Sierra 10.13.6 Security Update 2019-002 was issued today (03/25/2019). No nVidia alternate driver issued yet. When it is issued, it should show up here.

Back