Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

Comboupdate went fine but USB3 didn't work. Tried a lot of things, thought i already had the latest modification in the config.plist. I was quite sure because i looked at it and the old one and new one are quite similar.
BUT
Wasn't paying enough attention. So after i realized my mistake i changed the settings in the config with the latest Clover Configurator and everything was running. I mean this: #115

I was fooled by myself ;-)
I wrote that little bit back on this site,also when u update clover it will delete osxaptiodrv file so make sure u get it back there again

guys i need some help, currently i m running 10.13.5 and im trying to update it to 10.13.6 but im stuck with this screen
https://imgur.com/a/ItlJ12Z
this is the first time im having a problem installing update or macos. i am uploading my efi folder as well any kind of help will be really appreciated.

guys i need some help, currently i m running 10.13.5 and im trying to update it to 10.13.6 but im stuck with this screen
https://imgur.com/a/ItlJ12Z
this is the first time im having a problem installing update or macos. i am uploading my efi folder as well any kind of help will be really appreciated.
May u give me your EFI folder download link ?

May u give me your EFI folder download link ?
thanks, but somehow it fixed itself, after i got tired after trying many diffrent things like remove emuvariable file, osxaptiofix or booting with just aptiomemoryfix, i was waiting for some help from u guys but then i got a popup from appstore about 10.13.6 update and this time when i clicked install it went fine no problem at all.
Unfotunately now fcpx is giving me some problems, when fcpx is done rendering video looks like this
https://imgur.com/GzQMcRK
but non rendered part plays fine.

thanks, but somehow it fixed itself, after i got tired after trying many diffrent things like remove emuvariable file, osxaptiofix or booting with just aptiomemoryfix, i was waiting for some help from u guys but then i got a popup from appstore about 10.13.6 update and this time when i clicked install it went fine no problem at all.
Unfotunately now fcpx is giving me some problems, when fcpx is done rendering video looks like this
https://imgur.com/GzQMcRK
but non rendered part plays fine.
Well don't never remove osxaptiofix because it is needed to boot,about fcpx try checking some posts from internet

The clover update broke my system. Reboot after drive selection every single time. Anyone else?

Yes, clover killed my system as well so bite the bullet and updated to 10.13.6. Took a while but finally got system booting again.

Now I can't shutdown the system nor does my GTX1060 work.

For context my hackintosh is:
i7-7700k
Asus z270 Prime-A
Sapphire AMD rx580 nitro+ 8GB
dual 4k dell p2415q monitors via displayPort

This update seemed minor so I took heed to the clover update issues, updated clover with the new drivers with no issues. I then installed the update via the app store (I've no issues at all with this in the past especially since switching to rx580) and everything seemed fine except that my displays were showing some weird graphical glitches (flickering lines, the YPbPr issue with colors prior to boot). Uhoh.

I swapped my displayPort cables for HDMI and the problem seemed to go away but of course then I can only get 4k@30hz which is a deal-breaker. Seems like apple messed up the AMD graphics driver with this update? In any event I reverted to 10.13.5 for time being. "If it 'aint broke don't fix it?"

Last edited:
Updating to 10.13.6 killed rendering H264 video in both FCPX and the QT application. I did not want to try the 19,1 SMBIOS trick as my Messages and handoff, FaceTime etc. were all working perfectly under 18,3. I did many experiments and was lucky enough to be able to A/B against my i5 6400 GA Z170H R9 280X box (which had no H264 problems). I could get my main system, listed on the left, working with the iGPU so it had to be the RX 580 or APFS. 10.12.6 had no problems.

Yes I know, acfs.kext is not required if you have AptioMemoryFix-64 and ApfsDriverLoader.efi but here is the setup that has miraculously worked. I'm sure the more knowledgeable will have comments.

1) I turned on the iGPU on in the BIOS and set it to boot from the iGPU.
2) I added back acfs.kext to the drivers64UEFI along with AptioMemoryFix-64 and ApfsDriverLoader. If I didn't do this the machine would just go into an endless reboot loop.
3) I added back Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext because the RX 580 would not work otherwise (In Other)
4) Inject Intel and RadeonDeinit were turned on in Clover Configurator.

When I boot, the loading screen shows up on any monitor connected to the iGPU but the login screen comes to life on the screens attached to the RX 580. My intention was not to enable Quicksync which would have needed extra work.

NOTE: I was updating from 10.12.6 and not a clean install. There might be some legacy stuff in L/E that might be causing the issue but I could not find any other solution than the above that worked and it works just fine. Very fast encoding out of FCPX which is extremely important for me. Hopes this helps others or offers some insights to those more technically inclined.

This update was a little weird.

1) Lost sound, however I didn't need to re-install anything. In clover under Devices-->Audio, I had it set to Inject. Changed this to blank/empty and rebooted and sound started working again. Not sure what the difference is.

2) USB is working. However, usb ioreg looks different now than with the previous version. Didn't spend time on it since everything seems to work.

Was worry if trouble will destroy my 10.13.3 hack, waited for half a year till now.
But as result the upd., the process was Sooo smooth !! better than windows7!

My Update order:

• USB patch (Cloverconfigurator)
  • Updated kexts (kext updator...non updated)
  • get the new mod. apfs.efi for 10.13.6, put in EFI right folder
    unplug any USB 3.0 attaching devices due to some report in prev. report.
  • Hit update the OS in Appstore, Reboot 3 times, choose right one in clover menu and wait (told me takes 45 mins but on my SSD just wait for a total 20~25 mins)
  • Reinstalled audio patch (didn't do it, nothing damaged ; ))
  • Do the Nvidia driver script magic and magic happens, every time!! https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update
  • check any negative effect---ongoing! So far all settings remained intact, Intel GPU driver, CPU sleep state, my usb ports mapping, 18,3 SMBIOS ..all good!!!! OS is smooth, Impressed!

Final thought:
I want to give Apple that MacOS is not a bad OS at all and it deserves the name of a matured & modern OS as evolved thus far! But Apple still has a handful of badly designed products....lol
Will Mojave upgrade be this smooth? It better to be!

Last edited:
Back