Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

Same here :(
Do a search, there already is a port limit patch, I was able to find it a few days ago when I updated

If you're a beginner or intermediate installer or are having difficult install problems, particularly with series 77, 87 or 97 systems, take a look at a bit of a guide here -- #36 #37 #38 #39 #40. Hopefully it can be useful.

Last edited:
Did the update. Also three restarts and went by now flawless. Will report, if a problem occurs.

I'm probably one of the last. Update did not go well initially. It wasn't clear at first reboot you have to choose the macOS install partition. So I booted back to the OS a few times.

At last, I downloaded a full update from Apple. During install I chose the macOS install partition two times. After the third reboot, the macOS install partition is gone and you proceed with normal boot. The last part of the update takes a lot of time, be patient. After that, my hack was successfully updated to 10.13.6.

Finally got around to it. System is up and everything seems okay so far.

My keyboard doesn't initialize fast enough to actually interact with Clover, but everything went okay anyway.

(the keyboard thing is probably due to a 30' active extension and a hub being in the way)

My ASROCK hack said this was an iTunes update. So I said go. I wasn't expecting an OS update. Then suddenly a full update got underway.

After repeated reboots, it finally attempted to come up. But immediately PANICS

The panic report says something about a corrupt memory.

I can get into safe mode from Clover, but I can't boot to the full UI. Of course the NVidia graphics is now out of sync and I load into a basic graphics driver.

I wasn't expecting this.

Again I can't stay up in Normal mode for more than 10 seconds and the system reboots itself.

Question: If I can get to Safe Mode can I update the NVidia driver?

Question: If I boot into the Windows 10 partition, which this is, the system is rock stable. Yes I dropped into the BIOS and made sure than any Memory enhancement or CPU speedup was turned off. Still get the panic. Anyone any ideas?
I am having the same exact issue here... Was tricked into this update. Everything seemed to update fine. 2-3 reboots and a little monitor flickering. Booted fine on first boot post installation. Installed new web drivers and then rebooted. Now I can only stay up for 5-10 seconds before it automatically reboots its self. DId you get a fix for this Tecemac? Any help would be appreciated This was my first Hack and I am still a bit green in the whole process.

Thanks.

Finally managed to update to 13.6
was stuck for months in 13.4 cause the update was freezing in "Waiting on dict" bla bla.
it was the freakin power management, i could see it, no power on all ports.
finally after millions of tries, cpus=1 was the solution. simple as that:banghead:
i used it for the first 2 reboots and at the third i left the configuration as is.
That's for anyone who's still using X79 and having the same problem... you never know.
cheers community. i am clicking some banners :)

Upgrade from Sierra - High Sierra!

I tried this already several times, always stoped at the point to upgrade the NVIDIA WebDrivers
(ERROR - failed to install the driver!)

STEP I

- I updated all my KEXT files
- I put all of the relevant KEXT in the EFI Folder section
- I replaced the Kext NVIDIAHack and Shiku with WHATEVERGREEN Kext
- removed all KEXT from System/extension

I had to change my EFI config.plist
Section -> Rt Variables -> CsrActiveConfig -> 0x0000

STEP II
- reboot
- start Upgrade from the AppStore

THAT WAS THE BIG ISSUE :)
With this setting all Updates works out of the box - Security Upgrade - High Sierra Upgrade - NVIDIA Web Driver Upgrades!!!

:)

Anyone know what would cause this trying to boot to update? Tried going from working 10.13.5 that updated fine in the past since 10.13.0, to spending 4 hours without success to the installer (1st pic). Also tried the combo update.

Unrelated issue trying to update clover past 4558 (2nd pic). Hoping 4558 is high enough for 10.13.6

Using iMac 14,2 with Z97M-D3H, 4690k + 980. The 10.13.5 still boots fine. Updated most kexts, tried with minimal ones and -x -f other stuff. No luck.

IMG_4490.jpg IMG_4492.jpg Messages Image(1954418048).jpeg

Last edited:
Back