Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

Is anyone having a "slow wake from sleep" since 10.13.6 and clover 4586 update?

Yes, i've noticed that it's a bit slower for me too.

I was screwed by clover 4586, not macOS 10.13.6. Before upgrading macOS, I tried to upgrade the clover to 4586 version first. The clover installer removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi while updating. Why??? After restarting, it didn't boot. :banghead: ........... Clover in my old USB did boot because it's too old. I usually back up the EFI to 2nd HDD's EFI partition. Well, it's too old. I spent 3 hours to recover the boot loader.

failed to update with latest clover build ....but update works with unibeast usb after instal

The same happened to me. Thanks to your post I could quickly fix it. Thanks.
I have to test further, but I think there may be issues with Clover v4586 and at least older chipsets. No matter what I do with v4586, I end with a black screen. Also, I don't think the AptioMemoryFix-64 driver is compatible with Z87 Haswell. I used Clover v4509 to successfully update with my old drivers, but with the recommended driver changes and either v4586 or v4509, I end with a black screen. With OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 everything is great. I tried the Aptio driver changes and the Clover update separately and together.

There are more variations to test, but I've written off v4586 and AptioMemoryFix for now. They violate the timeless rule, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Newer chipsets are a whole 'nother thing. I'm waiting for RehabMan to come out with a new fork of Clover.

One problem after installing this and the corresponding NVIDIA driver: distorted audio. It took five reboots, but it's back to normal now.

All good on 2017 15" HP Spectre X360 ...

Updated via Combo Update .... had a few small hick-ups post update with some 3rd part kext's not being loaded ....
Resetting permissions on /L/E and re-built kext cache and all was good again ...

Cheers
Jay

hello, after update to 10.13.6 (17G65) and clover update to 4586, update USBInjectAll.kext and update usb patch: USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart, EVERY TIME I PLUG MORE THAN TWO USB DRIVES, or any accessories, it showing me: usb need more power and cant connect of course..... did anybody have also this problem? maybe its just clover problem, ive tried revert USBInjectAll.kext to older one and its working same like new..... anybody, please HELP

hello, after update to 10.13.6 (17G65) and clover update to 4586, update USBInjectAll.kext and update usb patch: USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart, EVERY TIME I PLUG MORE THAN TWO USB DRIVES, or any accessories, it showing me: usb need more power and cant connect of course..... did anybody have also this problem? maybe its just clover problem, ive tried revert USBInjectAll.kext to older one and its working same like new..... anybody, please HELP

See guides:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

I'm running samsung 960 NVME (boot drive) and a WD Black 500GB NVMe (temporary image storage and scratch disk). The WD reads at over 3 GBs. The Samsung reads at about 2.7GBs. Boot is usually 20 to 25 seconds. Is there a reason for using HFS+ instead of APFS?
are you on apfs or hfs+. My boot time with samsung 960 NVME (boot drive)is about 15 sec.

Back