Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

I am stil in HFS+, and I see on other sites that this update will convert to AFS, has anyone else sees this happened?

Do I need to copy some apfs.api file or not? Am on Clover 4586.

I am running a samsung 960 NVME partitoned HFS+ and the update did not convert to apfs. I did however put the current apfs.efi version for 10.13.6 in clover/drivers64UEFI thinking the installer might need it to run although I don't believe its necessary. From all I've read apfs and non Apple nvme drives are extremely slow to boot. Not sure about once its up and running

Update went well for me from App Store, after Updated Clover Clover_v2.4k_r4586

On my side the update failed.

Took out the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and the Lilu.kext and did not install the WhateverGreen.kext. Uninstalled the Nvidia driver and shutdown and installed the new RX580 card and my Hackintosh booted up without a hitch.

i envy you, I just got as well the RX580 but my hackintosh freezes everytime i export even a tiny clip on Premiere Pro CC 2018.
with that, I returned back to windows because I have to get my video edit done.

My hackinstosh doesnt boot when Lilu and whatevergreen kext are not placed on the kext/other folder.

what could be wrong with this?

Thank you so much!

- can no longer boot into the system
- Rebooted with `-v` flag -> hangs always at `End RandomSeed ++++++`
- Files in /drivers64UEFI (I have no clue what they're for):
- ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (NEW)
- AppleImageCodec-64.efi
- AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
- AppleUITheme-64.efi
- AptioMemoryFix-64.efi (NEW)
- AptioMemoryFix.efi (NEW)
- DataHubDxe-64.efi
- FirmwareVolume-64.efi
- FSInject-64.efi
- PartitionDxe-64.efi (NEW)
- SMCHelper-64.efi
- VBoxHfs-64.efi​

I ran into the same issue with End RandomSeed. The new Clover installation removed a critical file from the /drivers64UEFI directory which causes this error. It has to do with a memory fix. The Tonymac Clover build replaced this file with AptioMemoryFix-64.efi I believe. I can't say for sure as I use the original installer.

In order to use APFS without having to keep updating APFS.efi you use the other files I marked bold: ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and PartitionDxe-64.efi. You will no longer need to install APFS.efi or update it in the future because these files will take care of it. You can remove the file entirely. The other EFI files are part of the default Clover installation and I assume requirements for normal operation. I did not install AptioMemoryFix.efi and I can't say for sure but I don't think you need it either since you're running a 64bit operating system.

!! KEEP IN MIND !! Next time you do a Clover upgrade or installation to check under customised install and make sure the files marked in bold above are checked under drivers64UEFI otherwise you will run into the same issue. Perhaps in the future they will make these a default selection but at the present moment they are not, at least not if you use the original Clover installer. I can't vouch for the Tonymac Clover build.

Last edited:
Direct install from AppStore. No issues. Just had to reboot to get audio working.
HS 10.13.6 update.png

I Updated to 10.13.6 and my USB 3.0 is not working. Any help? other devices are working perfectly

I updated to 10.13.6 and had the same USB 3 problem with my Z170 Asus Hero VIII.

I found that there is a new USB patch:
Kynyo Post #115
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-usb-raise-port-limit-patch-for-high-sierra.226072/page-12

This did not work at first, but I found this:
themacmeister Post #130
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-usb-raise-port-limit-patch-for-high-sierra.226072/page-13

<key>Comment</key>
<string>USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart&FredWst</string>
<key>Disabled</key>

Ampersand is an escape sequence... stopped Clover Configurator from synchronising file !!!

I removed the ampersand in PMHeart&FredWst and it now works.

Here's the new patch in my config.plist
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeartFredWst</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g32IDw+DpwQAAA==
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.13.x</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g32ID5CQkJCQkA==
</data>
</dict>

This update did not go as easily as previous updates and only was successful on the 6th try. I updated the machine to the latest Clover build, updated apfs.api, and edited config.plist for USB fix. I then started the direct macOS update from the app store but had 3 failures (rapid re-boots with clearly zero progress). The 4th try started off promising with a brief progress bar showing up, but it then gave the "Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer" error message.

Time for combo update. I rebooted into 10.13.5 and downloaded the combo update thinking that there might be a conflict between my OS X 10.13.5 and the incremental update from the app store. First attempt to install combo update was more promising with a "calculating time remaining" message coming up, but then it restarted yet again without indicating any progress. Finally I attempted the install of the combo update in verbose mode assuming I'd need a screenshot of the error being encountered. Unexpectedly this 6th attempt to install update (in verbose mode) went past the "calculating time remaining" message and began counting down the time remaining for the successful update and it then was completed. Updated NVIDIA driver so back to work.
When you say, "I updated the machine to the latest Clover build" did you choose the "Custom" button and then choose the up to date drivers for the folder "drivers64UEFI"? Instead of using "updated apfs.api" you should be using the "ApfsDriverLoader-64" and deleting apfs.efi along with other updates to the folder.

read this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tiofix3drv-64-efi.255174/page-10#post-1779065

Last edited:
Back