Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

Hello Everybody,
First upgrade with Combo went totally awry... I think I messed up with the copying of 'apfs.efi'.
Restored everything. Did not copy the downloaded 'apfs.efi' in /usr/standalone/i386/ this time.
Went for an upgrade via the App Store and Shazaam! (after the Nvidia-drivers update of course)
myHack101306.png

I have to use EFI Mounter v3 and then I can load the config.plist in Clover Configurator.
Running Clover 4586 and replaced the afps.efi file with the 10.13.6 version from the link in the post #1.
What could be happening?
I now need to be root to mount EFI. Recreating the EFI partition hasn't helped, then just tried mounting the EFI partition on a freshly formatted flash drive - need to be root.

Not sure if this started immediately after the 10.13.6 update, but definitely since. Might be a feature...

authd: [com.apple.Authorization:authd] Succeeded authorizing right 'system.volume.internal.mount' by client '/usr/libexec/diskarbitrationd' [94] for authorization created by '/usr/sbin/diskutil' [800] (2,0)

diskutil: (DiskManagement) Mount of disk2s1 blocked by dissenter PID=800 (/usr/sbin/diskutil) status=0xf8da0008 (kDAReturnNotPermitted)

Last edited:
When you click on "Mount EFI" what do you see?

When I click on "Mount EFI" in Clover Configurator I don't see anything at first, nothing happens. If I click it a bunch of times I start to see in the Partition Scheme window the "Size" word changes to "Capacity In Use". But I'll see "Capacity In Use" pop up on all sorts of partitions, not just the partitions of the disk that has the EFI I'm trying to mount.
Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 9.10.43 AM.png

Also I put the computer to sleep last night a few hours after I did the update.
I noticed this morning that when I went to wake my computer from sleep, it woke up with a black screen. I had to hit "Reset" on the case to force a full reboot. I also noticed after this restart that all my USB drives are not showing up.

I updates all kexts (including to AppleALC 1.2.8) before updating to 10.13.6 and after update I got only DisplayPort sound and no sound on laptop internal speakers. Tried reinstalling AppleALC 1.2.8 and clearing cashes - still no sound. Rolled back to AppleALC 1.2.7 and sound started to work as expected. So no AppleALC 1.2.8 for me with CX20724.

The upgrade went through flawlessly, but, after a few reboots, I could no longer login as the keyboard input was not accepted by OS X. It worked on the BIOS and the Clover Boot screen, though.

Eventually, I had to re-install the 10.13.5 through a TM backup which fixed the issue.

The upgrade went through flawlessly but after a few reboots I could no longer login as the keyboard input was not accepted by OS X. It worked on the BIOS and the Clover Boot screen, though.

Eventually I had to re-install the 10.13.5 through a TM backup which fixed the issue.

Did you (or did the update) Enable FileVault?

Back