Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

Yup does the install icon show up on the second boot, if it does select it again , Mine it boots select install icon it starts installing then reboots then you select install icon again and it finishes install (this time it takes around 15 to 20 mins to install) then boot again and the install icon should be gone and you boot directly to your new install.

Well that was an adventure. I was able to get the install option to work by booting using my Unibeast key (otherwise some options were missing and I got a KP). After what seemed like an eternity installing (I honestly thought it was reinstalling HS) it rebooted but I got a KP again. Turns out the update overwrote my El Capitan version of the NVDAStartup.kext and I had to reinstall the older one again. I'm now happily at 10.13.6.

Well that was an adventure. I was able to get the install option to work by booting using my Unibeast key (otherwise some options were missing and I got a KP). After what seemed like an eternity installing (I honestly thought it was reinstalling HS) it rebooted but I got a KP again. Turns out the update overwrote my El Capitan version of the NVDAStartup.kext and I had to reinstall the older one again. I'm now happily at 10.13.6.

Nice glad you got it sorted, nothing worse than feeling stranded if things are not working out the way you want them to.

Took about 10 minutes through the App Store. Everything works. Sound, App Store, iMessage, iTunes etc. No issues whatsoever.

10.13.6.png

Ok after 3 hours i managed to solve the booting problem; It was a damn driver in clover.
Now i made a nice backup and i'll proceed in updating OS X.
That said while panicking earlier in the clover opitons i checked "Enable Bootflags for all partitions" or something like that, and i now have a million boot options in my boot menu.
There's a "remove all boot flag options" command but i'm afraid it might remove the one i currently use.

Update successful.
Now i just need to find a way to patch the USB 3.0

Last edited:
I found the new port limit patch for 10.13.6.

Check it out.

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart&FredWst</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32IDw+DpwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32ID5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>

New USB Raise Port Limit Patch for High Sierra

Would you kinldy explain me where and how to input this data?
If i try to replace the previous values in the clover configrator text mode i get this error:

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 06.01.14.png

Also, do i need to install some kind of updated kext?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back