Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

The update worked on my end. No problem. I updated through the App Store and I'm using Clover 4586 / Clover Configurator 5.1.3.1. I'm using the PMHeart 10.13.6+ USB Patch too.

I never got an install option, just download from iTunes, select reboot, it reboots to a black screen where the installation progress bar is at the bottom, then it reboots back into OSX.

Do you get the option when you reboot and it goes to the clover boot screen to select the install on xx volume??

Like this picture below except one of the icons will be called install after reboot. Image is just a random one I got off here to try and show what I mean.

full

Issue seems to be with the DVI port. I just connected to my problem monitor HDMI/HDMI and no pink/purple screen.
EDIT: I’m using DP and HDMI on the GPU.
I'm using the DP for mine, I do not have access to the HDMI on my monitor, the HDMI port on the monitor got hosed a couple of years ago. Don't ask, :rolleyes:

I'm using the DP for mine, I do not have access to the HDMI on my monitor, the HDMI port on the monitor got hosed a couple of years ago. Don't ask, :rolleyes:

Well you could try an alternative, DP on the card to DVI... or HDMI to DP. Might work. I would test but none of my monitors have DVI.

Do you get the option when you reboot and it goes to the clover boot screen to select the install on xx volume??

Like this picture below except one of the icons will be called install after reboot. Image is just a random one I got off here to try and show what I mean.

full
Yes I just got that and when I selected the install one it gets about half way through and reboots. If I select my regular hard drive it boots into HS as if I never started the update. Very odd.

I'm updating from 10.13.0 if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Well you could try an alternative, DP on the card to DVI... or HDMI to DP. Might work. I would test but none of my monitors have DVI.
Ugh, more cable to buy. Waiting for Mojave public to release. At this point, I'm not sure what the advantage of updating is (other than the security part). Hopefully the itchy fingers to mess with the Machine will not become too problematic... maybe I should rub some cortisone cream on my fingers? ;)

Hello.
Sorry for the panic but i use this computer for work and i'm stuck.
Luckily for me i had this old yosemite HD from which i'm writing now and i can access my original sierra hard drive from here.
I had a perfectly working High Sierra 10.13.5 installation but after updating clover with the configurator and copying the new attached apfs.efi (from here) to this folder /usr/standalone/i386/ (in preparation for the 10.13.6 update). I now can't boot into the hard drive.

Clover runs like usual but when i select my usual hard drive i get a black window and the loading bar doesn't show up.
Did i do something wrong? Is there a way to fix this? Can i restore the original APFS file? Is there something wrong with clover?

As explained i can work from this Yosemite hard drive and access the high sierra drive.
Please i need your help.
Thanks.

Hi,
Asus Maximus Impact VII. (BCM4352)
Updated via App Store from 10.13.5 to 10.13.6 and have a problem with BT ;( It stopped working.(Bluetooth: not Available).
It's very strange because when i install "combo" again BT works fine until i restart PC (tried two times with same results)
After restart PC BT not working ;( but WIFI works fine.

Any idea how to fix it ?

Thx
Did you find a fix for this by any chance? Having the same exact problem

I no longer have HDMI Audio working on 10.13.6 update. I tried running @toleda 's script but it tells me to un-install prior attempt. Problem is I don't know what the prior changes were done by the script - using the Clover Config options of HDMI.

Any suggestions, or should this question be moved to HDMI Audio?

I have HDMI back and working.

I believe my problem was the OS Match in the Kernel Patch for com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - for my NVidia frame buffer. My Match key was 10.13.4, 10.13.5. And of course we are on 10.13.6. So I changed the match key to 10.13.x

Is this plausible?

Hello.
Sorry for the panic but i use this computer for work and i'm stuck.
Luckily for me i had this old yosemite HD from which i'm writing now and i can access my original sierra hard drive from here.
I had a perfectly working High Sierra 10.13.5 installation but after updating clover with the configurator and copying the new attached apfs.efi (from here) to this folder /usr/standalone/i386/ (in preparation for the 10.13.6 update). I now can't boot into the hard drive.

Clover runs like usual but when i select my usual hard drive i get a black window and the loading bar doesn't show up.
Did i do something wrong? Is there a way to fix this? Can i restore the original APFS file? Is there something wrong with clover?

As explained i can work from this Yosemite hard drive and access the high sierra drive.
Please i need your help.
Thanks.
You would not be putting anything into standalone/386. Best bet is to use the "Restore" partition to go back to a previous working OS, like an hour before you decided to do the update. Take a deep breath.

Back