update 10.13.6 from 10.13.5. i lost change brightness with HD520

- SSDT-PNLF.aml in Clover
- Patch from Config.plist
- Patch DSDT

Attachments

• Screenshot at Jul 10 21-31-14.png
    Screenshot at Jul 10 21-31-14.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 193
all working updates trough apple store , sound is only problem if I remove applealc and vodoohda kext reinstall them again will problem could be fixed?

Just today received a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 and replaced the GTX 1070 that I had in the machine. The 1070 was ok but was tired of the slower exports and having to wait for the new Nvidia webdrivers every time there is an update like this not to mention the extra issues of a major update like I'm sure there will be with the Mojave update. Took out the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and the Lilu.kext and did not install the WhateverGreen.kext. Uninstalled the Nvidia driver and shutdown and installed the new RX580 card and my Hackintosh booted up without a hitch.
Perfect timing on getting the update notice for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 right after installing the RX 580. I get to see how an update goes with the new card. Installed from the App Store and it installed without a hitch. Did the BruceX test in FCPX and went from the GTX 1070 export time of 29 seconds to 18 seconds with the RX 580. I do a lot of 2 hour or more event videos and this is really going to add up.
I think I'm going to be more then happy with the new video card.
Hi friend,
I am also using the same CPU, can you please tell me that whether you are getting a same overclocking performance like 10.13.5?

I notice that after applying 10.13.16, the diskutil command to mount a volume no longer works. This affects my real MacBook Air running 10.13.6 as well. I was trying to mount an EFI volume and this is what I got.
Code:
myMacHack:~frontgear$ diskutil mount disk1s1
Volume on disk1s1 failed to mount
If the volume is damaged, try the "readOnly" option

The solution is use sudo with the diskutil command as follows:
Code:
myMacHack:~frontgear$ sudo diskutil mount disk1s1
password:?
Volume EFI on disk1s1 mounted

New apfs.efi started to generate some logging during boot, so I rolled to previous apfs.efi.
Any ideas, why it's happening?
Did you patch the new apfs.efi? See this post.

Updated to 10.13.6 from 10.13.5 via Mac App Store.
Copied across the latest apfs.efi file to

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64

and

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Had to update Nvidia Drivers. Everything else worked as before including sound.
Using Clover 4586. Hasn't randomly frozen since update so maybe the older Nvidia drivers were flaky.

macos-update.png

nvidia-update.png

Back