Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

Just note, if you've migrated to new memfix and APFS driver loader (which clover https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/standalone-tonymacx86-clover-v2-4k-r4586-builds.255680/ seems to have done as well), the apfs.efi copy step is depreciated.
Thanks for this advice, but my drivers64UEFI folder still has OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and still requires the apfs.efi to boot. Maybe the new Clover installer has to "see" OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi in order to switch to AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.

P.S. I used Clover Configurator and updated Clover to 4586 that way by ticking off the appropriate .EFI files. I don't see a customize button when I update with the TonyMac version of 4586.

Last edited:
Copy a BOARD-ID from 14,2 SMBIOS to BOARD-ID in Clover with 18,3 SMBIOS. Then the black screen will be gone for good.

i made a mistake. i took a 18.2 board id. now i have changed it in a 14.2 board id and it worked out ! thank you ! got rid of whatevergreen and lilu in this way. but how is this possible ?

now i got a strange combi of a 18,3 smbios with a 14,2 board id

P5Q pro + e5450 + GTX960(WebDrivers) + HFSplus partition failed to update to 10.13.6
clover 4458

Didnt checked whats the deal. Just failed to boot to install entry, got a reboot at the end of boot process.

The reason you see a log due to apfs is because it's running in verbose mode. You can either

a) Patch it
b) remove apfs.efi and use option that's in Clover "ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi" which replaces the apfs.efi option

Option B is way better.

To be honest, I'd advise against option B. I had the apfs.efi removed and ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi isntalled on 10.13.5, and it just worked fine. However, during the update to 10.13.6, after the second reboot Clover just simply stopped working. Apparently the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi was unable to locate the apfs.efi on the system drive (maybe it was temporary unavailable or relocated during the update process), so the system could not boot. To add insult to injury, I was unable to boot using a Vanilla Clover on a USB drive unless i disabled the system drive (disabling the SATA drive in BIOS) completely, since it was also loading the ApfsDriverLoader from the system drive's EFI partition (even though it was not installed on the USB drive itself). As a last resort, I had to boot a Ubuntu using USB, mount the system drive EFI partition, remove the ApfsDiverLoader and reinstall the apfs.efi manually, so then I could boot and finish the installation.

So I'd say it is much safer to have the apfs.efi among the drivers instead of relying on ApfsDriverLoader to do the job.

I updated Clover to 4586, apfs.efi, AppleALC and Lilu.

USB 3.0 stopped working, but new patch fixed this problem.

New apfs.efi started to generate some logging during boot, so I rolled to previous apfs.efi.
Any ideas, why it's happening?

XhHyRn+
Take a look at this

Updated Clover, updated apfs.efi in both i386 and EFI folders, updated Lilu.kext, run the combo package then black screen after clover selection in both selection (macOS Install and boot volume), tried reverting back apfs.efi from the 10.13.5 without success. Still stucked with black screen, I've 18,1 SMBIOS. Writing from Windows.

Edit: I tried copying OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 in drivers64UEFI that was missing after updating Clover to v4586 but the system doesn't boot up. I did not performed a backup of my previous EFI folder with 4558 version so now I'm screwed up. Maybe someone is so kind to upload the drivers64UEFI from the 4558 version? Thanks.

Last edited:
Updated Clover, updated apfs.efi in both i386 and EFI folders, updated Lilu.kext, run the combo package then black screen after clover selection in both selection (macOS Install and boot volume), tried reverting back apfs.efi from the 10.13.5 without success. Still stucked with black screen, I've 18,1 SMBIOS. Writing from Windows

To problem could be related to the new Clover. Try to reboot with your latest bootable usb stick, the reinstall a late clover version and at least install clover 4586 with this help here: https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/484/

then we have to wait for some legends to solve our problems

Yeah My Samsung monitor doesn't have the YPbPr color profile either. Hopefully this gets sorted out. My main display works fine.

Back