Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

I was screwed by clover 4586, not macOS 10.13.6. Before upgrading macOS, I tried to upgrade the clover to 4586 version first. The clover installer removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi while updating. Why??? After restarting, it didn't boot. :banghead: ........... Clover in my old USB did boot because it's too old. I usually back up the EFI to 2nd HDD's EFI partition. Well, it's too old. I spent 3 hours to recover the boot loader.

I found the new port limit path.

Check it out.

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart&FredWst</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32IDw+DpwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32ID5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>

New USB Raise Port Limit Patch for High Sierra

My install needed this.

Also, panic on the install restart until I used the spoof graphics override ID 0x12345678 manually.

worked
install clover 4586
upgrade to 10.13.6
sound not working, reinstall driver worked
usb 3.0 not working

Everything went alright for me besides one of my displays, displays a pink picture with my desktop on it.
The effected display is connected via DVI while the other display which is on HDMI is not effected.
Any Ideas on how to fix it?
Asus RX 460
Thanks

Same issue here with my RX570. Main display works fine with display port. Secondary display is DVI out and going HDMI in is pink/purple tint. Never had any issues ever before. I hope this can get sorted out.

Updated to 10.13.6 from the Combo Update, applied the latest Web Driver, and everything is working great. I went ahead and upgraded to the latest Lilu.kext (1.2.4) and NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (1.2.7) after the 10.13.6 update.

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 12.10.27 AM.png

I braced myself for some "excitement" :) during the upgrade process of my 2 hacks, but none of that materialized :) Both my Haswell and Skylake hacks took less than an hour to upgrade to 10.13.6

This was my first update from a CCC restore I did from my desktop to my laptop. I did the standard MAS update but it kept freezing or going to a black screen. After copying kext's to Clover's Other folder and setting FakeID to 0x12345678 I got to a point where it said "The installer resources were not found". Not sure if this is due to having the Microsoft Reserved Partition (MSR) or not having a macOS Recovery partition.

In summary I got the update working by doing the following:

1. Boot back into macOS
2. Delete ".IAProductInfo" ("Show System Files" in Finder) and the "macOS Install Data" folder
3. Copy your custom kext’s from /Library/Extensions to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
4. Run from Terminal:
Code:
sudo softwareupdate -i -a
5. Upon Reboot use Clover options to set graphics FakeID to 0x12345678
6. Set Verbose (-v) boot flag (so you can see the boot progress)

Just today received a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 and replaced the GTX 1070 that I had in the machine. The 1070 was ok but was tired of the slower exports and having to wait for the new Nvidia webdrivers every time there is an update like this not to mention the extra issues of a major update like I'm sure there will be with the Mojave update. Took out the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and the Lilu.kext and did not install the WhateverGreen.kext. Uninstalled the Nvidia driver and shutdown and installed the new RX580 card and my Hackintosh booted up without a hitch.
Perfect timing on getting the update notice for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 right after installing the RX 580. I get to see how an update goes with the new card. Installed from the App Store and it installed without a hitch. Did the BruceX test in FCPX and went from the GTX 1070 export time of 29 seconds to 18 seconds with the RX 580. I do a lot of 2 hour or more event videos and this is really going to add up.
I think I'm going to be more then happy with the new video card.
I have the rx580 now it does work without the whatever green.kext and lilu.kext but Netflix did not even when using chrome does yours work?

Back