Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX1060, RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Is there any need to do USB Limit Patch for this updates???? Do I have to update the Clover Configurator or Clover EFI???? Please help.....

Okay take note of these tips!

If you have the same specs like mine and if you just so happen to run Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom and if you come to notice that your computer starts rebooting.

Here is the work around.

Go to your BIOS settings. Under Intergrated Graphics. From Auto settings change to Enable settings. Exit and save BIOS setting.

Reboot the computer. Go to Apple apps store. Download the latest macOS update.
Security Updates 2019-007. Download it, and restart the computer once it finished downloading. Select restart the computer. Let it finish updating the macOS.

And it completes the macOS updates! And it works!

Then you can go back to your BIOS settings again, and set it to auto!

For the same specs as mine. There no need for Whatevergreen kext. As the Sapphire 580 AMD Radeon is supported!

Now everything works like a charm!

Motherboard
Gigabyte z270 gaming k3
CPU
Graphics
GTX1060 6gb
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated smoothly without issues.

Motherboard
GA H170N WIFI
CPU
I7 6700
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
clean update, Nvidia drivers ok

Motherboard
Asus Z270 Maximus IX HERO
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just updated. Same issues here, no problems just new nVidia driver.

I guess I'm going to have to get an AMD video card soon. I'm not enjoying staying behind at High Sierra. I've analyzed my software and decided if I can live without some 32 bit stuff (like MS Word 2008) and I think I can live without them.

Now which AMD Video card is as good as my GTX 1080Ti? I need those FPS !

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX1060, RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Updated the Security Update 2020-01 High Sierra.

After a couple of reboots. And it install the Security Updates 2020-01 High Sierra. All is working fine. The Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 580 Graphic card (https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/pulse-rx-580-8g-g5) is working well.

Check the USB ports. All is working well. No USB patch needed. Check the USB Transcend Card Reader,all is working well.

After macos High Sierra updates, then update the new Adobe Photoshop updates.

Please take note. Have to update macOS first before updating the Adobe Software. Otherwise you may encounter reboots on your hackintosh machine.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UDH3
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've gone through the "Security Update 2020-01 10.13.6" twice now and Updates in App Store still show it as being available as an update.

EDIT: Make that three times. What the heck is going on?

EDiT2: I found the answer in another thread. When doing the update I had to select the "Install macOS…" option in Clover on two restarts. After the second restart all was well and the "Install macOS…" option was no longer there.

The information is out there it's just a bit scattered about!

Last edited: