Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

I am running a samsung 960 NVME partitoned HFS+ and the update did not convert to apfs. I did however put the current apfs.efi version for 10.13.6 in clover/drivers64UEFI thinking the installer might need it to run although I don't believe its necessary. From all I've read apfs and non Apple nvme drives are extremely slow to boot. Not sure about once its up and running
I'm running samsung 960 NVME (boot drive) and a WD Black 500GB NVMe (temporary image storage and scratch disk). The WD reads at over 3 GBs. The Samsung reads at about 2.7GBs. Boot is usually 20 to 25 seconds. Is there a reason for using HFS+ instead of APFS?

Do I still need the updated USB Port limit patch if I already have an USB-SSDT? I have generated my USB-SSDT since 10.13.4 and was working perfect until I updated to 10.13.6. I have lost USB 3.0. External drives connected to any USB 3 ports are not detected by the system but the physical lights lit, and its blue meaning its USB 3.
You should not have to patch the Clover config file if you are using the USB SSDT. Mine has been working since 10.13.0.

failed to update with latest clover build ....but update works with unibeast usb after instal only some usb3 ports dont work ..i dont know why its not working with new clover build i am going to try diffrent clover older build on the system efi and try again as for now booting with help of usb with older clover build

failed to update with latest clover build ....but update works with unibeast usb after instal only some usb3 ports dont work ..i dont know why its not working with new clover build i am going to try diffrent clover older build on the system efi and try again as for now booting with help of usb with older clover build

use new kext patch for usb port limits in clover config
see post #328 of this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-6-update.255911/page-33#post-1780186

Hello, I upgraded via the app store and everything went smoothly except now I don't have the USB 3.0 working anymore. I read that there is a new patch to put in config.plist but I tried to insert via clover and it didn't work. This is all I did (check the attached photo). What do I have to do to fix them? I also tried to install the latest injectall kext with no positive result.
Also clover now is not mounting efi anymore. Have to do it via terminal.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 22.02.14.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 22.02.14.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 249
again OK, nothing special on my build.
replaced apfs and new kexts in clover/EFI, updated CC + clover, updated via store and after 3 reboots all the same.
took about 20min on SSD.
My RX560 is via DP connected to my 4k monitor and running 3840x2160, sound dig. out from mobo.
Oh forgot, yes needed the new USB3 patch.

So I guess waiting for 10.14 now :clap:

Hello, I upgraded via the app store and everything went smoothly except now I don't have the USB 3.0 working anymore. I read that there is a new patch to put in config.plist but I tried to insert via clover and it didn't work. This is all I did (check the attached photo). What do I have to do to fix them? I also tried to install the latest injectall kext with no positive result.
Also clover now is not mounting efi anymore. Have to do it via terminal.
In the Comment tab, take out the ampersand (or replace it with a space) between Heart and Fred as that character is reserved as a command character and has been reported to cause the patch to fail.

I was screwed by clover 4586, not macOS 10.13.6. Before upgrading macOS, I tried to upgrade the clover to 4586 version first. The clover installer removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi while updating.

The same happened to me. Thanks to your post I could quickly fix it. Thanks.

In the Comment tab, take out the ampersand (or replace it with a space) between Heart and Fred as that character is reserved as a command character and has been reported to cause the patch to fail.
I tried to do what you said but it didn't work! Very weird. This is the patch that I put in clover. I really don't know what I can do. Hope someone can help me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 09.55.31.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 09.55.31.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 154
Back