Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.6 Update

NUC7i3BNH
update without problems. :thumbup:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-10 um 21.25.00.jpg

Thank you Lundli!

My ASROCK hack said this was an iTunes update. So I said go. I wasn't expecting an OS update. Then suddenly a full update got underway.

After repeated reboots, it finally attempted to come up. But immediately PANICS

The panic report says something about a corrupt memory.

I can get into safe mode from Clover, but I can't boot to the full UI. Of course the NVidia graphics is now out of sync and I load into a basic graphics driver.

I wasn't expecting this.

Again I can't stay up in Normal mode for more than 10 seconds and the system reboots itself.

Question: If I can get to Safe Mode can I update the NVidia driver?

Question: If I boot into the Windows 10 partition, which this is, the system is rock stable. Yes I dropped into the BIOS and made sure than any Memory enhancement or CPU speedup was turned off. Still get the panic. Anyone any ideas?

Does you machine have an SSD that was formatted APFS? If so, I noticed in the first post the apfs.efi file needs to be updated.

Last edited:
I was screwed by clover 4586, not macOS 10.13.6. Before upgrading macOS, I tried to upgrade the clover to 4586 version first. The clover installer removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi while updating. Why??? After restarting, it didn't boot. :banghead: ........... Clover in my old USB did boot because it's too old. I usually back up the EFI to 2nd HDD's EFI partition. Well, it's too old. I spent 3 hours to recover the boot loader.
Same story with me spent more time due to Clover than the update itself.

I no longer have HDMI Audio working on 10.13.6 update. I tried running @toleda 's script but it tells me to un-install prior attempt. Problem is I don't know what the prior changes were done by the script - using the Clover Config options of HDMI.

Any suggestions, or should this question be moved to HDMI Audio?

On my primary drive (aka Macintosh HD) ...Users/EFI-Backups/.. I can find a backup of the EFI installation. Any chance you have the same?

On my primary drive (aka Macintosh HD) ...Users/EFI-Backups/.. I can find a backup of the EFI installation. Any chance you have the same?

I have an EFI-Backups in my EFI partition. Is that what you refer to? Or does @toleda 's script have a backup under Users?

I booted into my regular 10.13.5 install on my regular SSD and downloaded the update, rebooted, it started installing the update, said it would take 2 min, didn't get very far then I got black screen and it rebooted on it's own, no panic. Booted back into OSX, checked and still on 10.13.5. Tried again, same thing, odd, never had this happen before. This is on my Z370 system.

I have an EFI-Backups in my EFI partition. Is that what you refer to? Or does @toleda 's script have a backup under Users?

In that directory (if you had Clover configured to create backups) you'll find a backup of your clover configuration before you installed a newer version. If it's your config.plist file you need...it would be in there.

I booted into my regular 10.13.5 install on my regular SSD and downloaded the update, rebooted, it started installing the update, said it would take 2 min, didn't get very far then I got black screen and it rebooted on it's own, no panic. Booted back into OSX, checked and still on 10.13.5. Tried again, same thing, odd, never had this happen before. This is on my Z370 system.

Did you select the install icon when the system rebooted for the first time after trying to install, you have to do this twice during the install process.

Back