Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another flawless upgrade using app store

Updated with some hiccups.

Had to remove most of the fields in SMBIOS in clover config to get pass firmware update error. After updating I simply put those SMBIOS fields back in.

AppleHDA has to be repatched after update.

The kext for my usb wifi dongle was causing kernel panic. Had to remove it from terminal after booting into recovery partition.

That is unnecessary. It is enough to update the web-driver after the update.

It does not make any sense. The old driver performs the function just as well as the new one.

You do not need to change the build number, but change the binary patch.

Yes ok, I had to do it because it had already happened in the past that the old drivers with the new version of the system blocked my access. The apfs.efi it's better updated with the last release and also the update thread suggest to doing this before update. In my case after update to enable the usb 3.0 it was enough for me change only this value and after working done It was enough for me to change only this value and after all usb ports work properly.

Hope you have compren this!!

Easiest, fastest (less than 2 minutes) update yet. NVIDIA driver automatic update worked and no glitches. Sound works too!
Thank you!
upload_2018-6-12_9-2-7.png

Last edited:
10.13.5 has been a good update for most. One more for High Sierra, perhaps, then on to the future! I deleted my screenshots, but Dark Mode in Mojave is an extension of System Preferences/General/Use dark menu bar and Dock, and with a dark desktop background and a darker app GUI like those in Adobe CC 2018, it's a close match.

Last edited:
Hmm the point updates are never small anymore are they? 2GB+ for 10.13.5, 10.13.4, etc.

All my 10.13.x updates kernel panic during the boot from the installation volume, including this one. I solved this temporarily by booting from a unibeast USB stick but I can't figure out what's the difference in Clover settings that makes the USB stick work and my boot volume not. Maybe it's the fact that my boot volume is on an NVMe SSD? However during normal operation (and boot) this is no problem.

Update went smooth. My system has been stable for a week no. No problems at all! :headbang:

i did the upgrade on the first boot just boot without the Nvidia web driver, then once you in it will prompt for a upgrade of the driver, after upgrade just reboot all works perfect after that, hope that helps some one out there

a single click in AppStore and successfully updated without any issues.

i see you guys talking about apfs.efi file, i did nothing to it and for now my machine is running well, should i concern about apfs.efi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back