Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update from 10.13.4 to 10.13.5 no problems for me after updating Nvidia Web driver.

Hardware:
Motherboard: MSI Z270-Gaming Pro
CPU: Intel Core i5 7600k
RAM: 16GB 2400MHz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB (4 Screens connected)
M.2 SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB
SATA SSD: SanDisc 960GB
SATA HDD: WD Black 3000GB

Software:
Dualboot with High Sierra 10.13.5 and Windows 10 on the M.2 SSD
Some additional Kexts for programming ESP8266 Chips
VoodoHDA 2.9
NVaudio

Not working:
WOL from S5

Not so lucky over here. I updated from 10.13.4 to 10.13.5 from the app store. Now when it starts, I see the apple logo and it seems like the OS might start, but it never does. It has been on the boot screen for hours and it never starts up. Thinking I may have to go back to 10.13.4

I installed from first update link. I had to reboot multiple times from install macos partition. Though the App Store seemed to have an issue with recognizing the update. I had to restart it for the update to go into the installed part and it show no updates available. But, everything seems ok...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that while my 580 was recognized the first boot in, the displays remained no signal. Upon reboot that was corrected.

Last edited:
update went well for me. just want to confirm, can we update clover now? its r4522. I know 4509 had issues. anyone tried?

Everything went without a hitch for me on Gigabyte ga-z87x-ud4h, Core i7 4790K and NVIDIA gtx 980.
Updated apfs.efi from the link on the 1st post, upgraded Clover to r4522 and installed 10.13.5 from the App Store.
After two reboots, I was back at the desktop. Upgraded NVIDIA web drivers from NVIDA driver manager, and after one last reboot, everything was working ok: Audio (Realtek ALC898), TRIM for Samsung EVO 850 SSD, USB 3.0, etc.

Updated from 10.13.4 to 10.13.5 with Combo Updater.

The only glitch was that I didn't have audio (ALC898) when I first logged in after the update, but after I installed the NVIDIA web drivers for my 1060 and rebooted, audio was functional again without me having to manually re-enable it.

update went well for me. just want to confirm, can we update clover now? its r4522. I know 4509 had issues. anyone tried?
You can use the Clover v4509 from the Download > Clover Builds as we fixed the problem.

Successfully updated my rig to High Sierra 10.13.5 after frustrating attempts. I had fully working system with 10.13.1, but with every new update I experienced problems caused by IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3 error. Now my system is functioning correctly after last update. What I did:
- cloned working partition with 10.13.1 installed
- installed latest versions of requiered kexts: FakeSMC, Lilu, IntelGraphicsFixup
- updated Clover to latest version v2.4k_r4522
- replaced apfs.efi with latest version
- downloaded and installed MacOS 10.13.5 Combo update
- at restart I booted from Install MacOS partition, after loading system restarted again by its own
- booted again from Install MacOS partition, this time screen stucked with gIOScreenLockState 3 error, but my case activity led indicate that disk was running so I let system to work for about 15 minutes, after this restarted by its own
- at restart Install MacOS partition was gone, so i booted from regular partition without issues, with High Sierra 10.13.5 up and running

My system specs:
Gigabyte B150M-D3H-DDR3 / 8Gb RAM, i5-6500 CPU / 1Tb WD SE HDD / Intel HD 530 Graphics / iMac 17,1 SMBIOS

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 19.13.16.png

Last edited:
Hi everyone Hackintosher!!!

Today I've update my High Sierra 10.13.4 to 10.13.5, update like a charm without any issue!!!
I've used this update procedure to avoid glitch:
Before update; Uninstalled the Nvidia web driver and replaced the "apfs.efi" in "EFI folder", downloaded and executed the "Combo Update" and after update I've install the new Nvidia web driver and to get work the USB 3.0 I've changed in clover patch on the string to fix USB 3.0 on the value "MacOs" to "10.13.4 in 10.13.5" and after reboot all USB 3.0 working properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back