Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
success with Z170 /m.2 nvme HFS+ Mac 17,1
Updated clover, updated apfs.efi although not needed. Latest Nvidia drivers.
Failed on install direct from App store. Error "could not fin install resources" Deleted install folder and used Full install download.
Same error. Had to delete again and reinstall after reboot. Completed install but lost audio. cloverALC fixed. Everything works. iMessage, Handoff, Airdrop sleep. Am debating converting to APFS but have not found any solution to the slow boot problem.

Can you elaborate on removing the install folder? I’m having the exact same issue. Install keeps failing with could not find resources.
I’ve tried installing from the App Store and just the conbo update.
I’m running an older version of clover, but not that old. Somewhere around 4300

Good Morning

I have something interesting to report

my system is

GA-Z170X-Soc Force
16 GB Memory
CPU i5 6600k
Asus RX560 4GB

I have automatically updated (This was actually a mistake) to the latest security release without updating apfs.efi file

As result at reboot of the system was working fine fast boot as usual, and audio still there.

I thought I should have encountered issues? So apfs.efi is not needed?

Thanks

Good Morning

I have something interesting to report

my system is

GA-Z170X-Soc Force
16 GB Memory
CPU i5 6600k
Asus RX560 4GB

I have automatically updated (This was actually a mistake) to the latest security release without updating apfs.efi file

As result at reboot of the system was working fine fast boot as usual, and audio still there.

I thought I should have encountered issues? So apfs.efi is not needed?

Thanks
Yes, you should update your apfs.efi. The good news is that it wasn't critical for this update. But, you need to updated it.

Yes, you should update your apfs.efi. The good news is that it wasn't critical for this update. But, you need to updated it.

Can I do that now that I have already applied the security update?

I've updated and everything works except
Audio via DP.
Bluetooth gets detected but cant be turned off or detect anything. I'm using the integrated BT that came with the Aorus z370 Gaming. Anyone with the same issues? BT thing is killing me.

Smooth update / no issues at all.
Audio not broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back