Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

I go totally crazy!

Since two days I try to install High Sierra on a GA-Z170N-WIFI with a 6700k i7 !!!

following I did:

- unibeast 8.3.2 (3 different Sticks)
- Installed 10.13.4 on SSD over USB2 Port.
--> System Running.
--> Multibeast - Clover + 14,2 iMac .. all Standard settings.

Downloaded apfs.efi copied it in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Than I installed 10.13.5 from MAP. After the update I can one time login into 10.13.5 after THIS! on every restart I get into a restart loop. I get crazy!

Installed from 3 Sticks 4x times HIGHSIERRA 10.13.4 and no success to update to 10.13.5 ???? Whats the problem?

any ideas ?
still not a help thread

please post in desktop support if you are having issues

still not a help thread

please post in desktop support if you are having issues
but its about this update! Everyone says its running without probs. So it should be said that also problems can happen!

I followed the instructions, replacing apfs.efi in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI, then installed latest Clover bootloader (4509) and ran Combo updater. It hung on reboot and, after resetting the machine, on boot NONE of my Mac partitions show up at all. Not even if I plug in my external backup. I know the boot drive is still there, however, because Clover boots fine and I can still boot into my Windows partition. I then booted using my 10.13.4 installation using Colver on my external drive and was able to see all of the Mac partitions and boot from my main Mac partition. The install partition is visible too.

This surely means that there's something wrong with the Clover partition of my main drive, right? I'll reinstall Clover to it now, and see if that doesn't fix it. Otherwise, any ideas on how I can get my Mac partitions back?

++++++++++ UPDATE +++++++++++

Booting using Clover 4458 and 10.13.4 apfs.efi from my external hard driver allowed me to install the 10.13.5 update to my main drive, which also boots fine.

It would appear that the problem is with Clover 4509. I didn't change any setting when I installed it over the previous Clover version; all I changed was adding the 10.13.5 apfs.efi in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI

Last edited:
Update from 10.13.4 sup001
No problem.

But pay attention There may be up to 4 restarts to finish the update.
like the good old Windows :)

Only had to fix USB ports limit

Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find [HEX]: 837d940f 0f839704 0000
Replace [HEX]: 837d940f 90909090 9090
Comment: USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart
MatchOS: 10.13.x

Old patch
Find 837D940F 0F839704
Replace 837D9418 0F839704
doesn't work in my system

but its about this update! Everyone says its running without probs. So it should be said that also problems can happen!
read post 2, this is not a help thread, post in desktop support if you have an issue

I followed the instructions, replacing apfs.efi in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI, then installed latest Clover bootloader (4509) and ran Combo updater. It hung on reboot and, after resetting the machine, on boot NONE of my Mac partitions show up at all. Not even if I plug in my external backup. I know the boot drive is still there, however, because Clover boots fine and I can still boot into my Windows partition. I then booted using my 10.13.4 installation using Colver on my external drive and was able to see all of the Mac partitions and boot from my main Mac partition. The install partition is visible too.

This surely means that there's something wrong with the Clover partition of my main drive, right? I'll reinstall Clover to it now, and see if that doesn't fix it. Otherwise, any ideas on how I can get my Mac partitions back?

++++++++++ UPDATE +++++++++++

Booting using Clover 4458 and 10.13.4 apfs.efi from my external hard driver allowed me to install the 10.13.5 update to my main drive, which also boots fine.

It would appear that the problem is with Clover 4509. I didn't change any setting when I installed it over the previous Clover version; all I changed was adding the 10.13.5 apfs.efi in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI

You're not the only one who's experienced this behavior with Clover 4509. Required me to install an earlier version and everything was fine then.

For all those experiencing the Clover 4509 Disappearing Mac Volumes issue, PLEASE READ THIS PSA, which is posted in the General Help forum. Sometimes a little searching saves a lot of heartburn. I, too, panicked on reboot when my macOS volumes were nowhere to be found... it took me less than 30 seconds of searching to find the answer without even having to post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back