Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did it. For fun, I'll lay out snags and reasoning, as an average hackintosher, hope it helps someone :)
I was running my hack for 6 years.

- Downloaded combo dmg. Checked first post on tonymacx86, noticed new apfs.efi
- Put new apfs.efi to EFI partition of OSX boot drive
- Installed combo package, rebooted
- Clover picked change of boot volume to Install from Preboot, I let it boot. Installer rebooted at ~ 20% of progress bar
- Boot was now defaulted to Macintosh HD, I let it boot and it booted into old, not updated OSX.
- Restarted and selected Install from Preboot, installer went into graphics mode, just to show me pretty window, that MacOS cannot be installed, something about missing data. Uninstalling Nvidia drivers did not help.
- Fearing the worst, I read all thread messages. Noticed many references to Clover v.4509. Downloaded, run, updated.
- Re-run combo package, reboot
- Clover booted to Install .. by itself, 5 mins, reboot - Clover tried to boot to Mac HD - override to Install - happiness - it picked up - Install will take 40 minutes :). It rebooted.
- Tried to force boot from Install again, just in case - got crossed circle sign.
- Reboot to Mac HD - gray window with additional progress - graphics window with iCloud questions, - done.

Last edited:
I have the same issue, except my audio is 887. I used both multibeast and the alc command. Any suggestions.

I need some major help. So I updated high Sierra to 10.13.5. It worked perfectly and I thought I had to update the clover bootloader by going into the clover configuration and hitting update. But after that the clover bootloader disappear and I can't load into osx. But I can use the installation USB I had to select the main hard drive with the clover bootloader from the USB. So when I get into my osx. Everything works out but the config File is the usb. So all my settings aren't showing up. I just want my computer to load straight from the hd without a USB flash drive. Than I tried to install ufei boot loader using macbeast. After restarting my computer keeps going into recovery disk. Not the main Bootable HD. I am super upset because everything was perfect and now everything went to shits

I've successfully updated to 10.13.5 but how do I uninstall the standard audio drivers? They do not always load and do not start my ALC1150, I want to delete them and put them up, someone tell me where the caches are on these drivers

please read post 2.. This is not a help thread

Installed 10.13.5 from App Store ... all works fine

MB Aorus Gaming 9 - CPU i9-7920X - GPU Radeon Vega Frontier Edition - SSD Samsung 960pro

Last edited:
So than where do I go to get help. I have been all over the forums for help. I am stuck.
Post in High Sierra Desktop Support.

Updated apfs.efi in /usr/standalone/i386 and /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ folders.
Updated Clover to the last version.
Installed Combo Package.
Run the installer but the final loading of the system got stucked. Removing the nVidia solved the issue.
After booting with the iGPU I installed the updated drivers and plugged back in the nVidia, everything works fine.
I can notice that the booting is about 2 secs slower than before the update.
mqhJANq.png

Last edited:
Hello guys,

I go totally crazy!

Since two days I try to install High Sierra on a GA-Z170N-WIFI with a 6700k i7 !!!

following I did:

- unibeast 8.3.2 (3 different Sticks)
- Installed 10.13.4 on SSD over USB2 Port.
--> System Running.
--> Multibeast - Clover + 14,2 iMac .. all Standard settings.

Downloaded apfs.efi copied it in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Than I installed 10.13.5 from MAP. After the update I can one time login into 10.13.5 after THIS! on every restart I get into a restart loop. I get crazy!

Installed from 3 Sticks 4x times HIGHSIERRA 10.13.4 and no success to update to 10.13.5 ???? Whats the problem?

any ideas ?

Hello guys,

I go totally crazy!

Since two days I try to install High Sierra on a GA-Z170N-WIFI with a 6700k i7 !!!

following I did:

- unibeast 8.3.2 (3 different Sticks)
- Installed 10.13.4 on SSD over USB2 Port.
--> System Running.
--> Multibeast - Clover + 14,2 iMac .. all Standard settings.

Downloaded apfs.efi copied it in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Than I installed 10.13.5 from MAP. After the update I can one time login into 10.13.5 after THIS! on every restart I get into a restart loop. I get crazy!

Installed from 3 Sticks 4x times HIGHSIERRA 10.13.4 and no success to update to 10.13.5 ???? Whats the problem?

any ideas ?
still not a help thread

please post in desktop support if you are having issues

still not a help thread

please post in desktop support if you are having issues
but its about this update! Everyone says its running without probs. So it should be said that also problems can happen!

I followed the instructions, replacing apfs.efi in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI, then installed latest Clover bootloader (4509) and ran Combo updater. It hung on reboot and, after resetting the machine, on boot NONE of my Mac partitions show up at all. Not even if I plug in my external backup. I know the boot drive is still there, however, because Clover boots fine and I can still boot into my Windows partition. I then booted using my 10.13.4 installation using Colver on my external drive and was able to see all of the Mac partitions and boot from my main Mac partition. The install partition is visible too.

This surely means that there's something wrong with the Clover partition of my main drive, right? I'll reinstall Clover to it now, and see if that doesn't fix it. Otherwise, any ideas on how I can get my Mac partitions back?

++++++++++ UPDATE +++++++++++

Booting using Clover 4458 and 10.13.4 apfs.efi from my external hard driver allowed me to install the 10.13.5 update to my main drive, which also boots fine.

It would appear that the problem is with Clover 4509. I didn't change any setting when I installed it over the previous Clover version; all I changed was adding the 10.13.5 apfs.efi in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back