Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
HD530 freeze randomly with safari playing youtube. Any fix ?

Every time i try to boot from Install partition after restarting, it gives me a prohibitory sign. When I boot into verbose, there is graphical glitches when the prohibitory sign shows up and from what I can make of it is "Still waiting for root device". I've tried removing all the flags I have set up in clover to just -v and -x, disabled web driver inject flags and have SIP disabled and still no luck.

All methods including MAS, combo and update.

8700k | Asus Z370-i | MacOS install on external SSD via USB3

Try installing drive internally, or maybe try boot arg PCIRootUUID=0 or =1.

I ran into similar problem but mine was due to updating Clover in preparation for the macOS update (did you do the same?). After updating Clover all my partitions were gone (not a single one was listed, not even recovery partitions or other drives in the box). I booted via (old Sierra) USB and was able to get into another drive on my system (blank Sierra system) which allowed me to gain access to my main High Sierra SSD (also HFS+ like yours), mount the EFI partition and copy a saved old EFI folder over and reboot successfully (thank goodness!).

Not going to update Clover again but will now try and upgrade macOS.
Yes, I updated clover to version 4509 before updating and that was causing the problem, all good now, I did exactly the same, I booted from an old macOS Sierra USB I had laying around and was able to boot to Mac OS with that version of clover, after I was in my macOS I downgraded clover to version 4439 and now all my partitions are back.

Last edited:
After updating Clover (to 4509) and apfs.efi, I ran the 10.13.5 update without any issue. Next, on reboot, Nvidia prompted me to install the new web drivers. I used the computer quite a bit last night and then let it sleep overnight. It woke without issue. On the next display sleep/wake cycle, the computer woke with a tap on the spacebar but the display was frozen. The menubar time, temp etc. would not change and the mouse cursor would not move, although the hard drive indicator was blinking. The only choice was to force-shutdown and restart the machine. This was repeatable across several reboots.

I first tried rolling back Clover, but ultimately the solution was to roll back the Nvidia web driver to 387.10.10.10.30.107. The latest version, 387.10.10.10.35.106, simply isn't playing nice with my rig and the current OS version.

Update Clover to 4509 and not issues.

Running into a "macOS could not be installed on your computer. The target disk is too small for this operation" error. I have a 1TB HD. I'm sure I have plenty of space. I did the apfs.efi update and Clover update but same issue.
I had the same problem for the previous update.
What I did :
1) booted from an unibeast-installation key
2) selected then 'update Mac OSX'-drive (the one that appears when you have previously performed an upgrade)​
After that, the installation went smoothly.
Hope this helps

Is there no "Mac OS Install" option? It should be present after first running the update from the app store upon the very first reboot. I selected the Mac OS Install - it then brought me through what looks like the initial installation. After this, it rebooted again - this time, the "Mac OS Install" option is gone, and I just select my Mac OS option in clover, and the installation has been completed. (I had to update my nvidia graphics driver after, naturally).

I had this same problem with a previous supplemental update.

many thanks to @sirmipsalot for this valuable tip!

i installed the updated, rebooted and wtf... still 10.13.4.

so i installed again but this time selecting the “mac OS install” option in clover which is next to the normal booting icon i select and did that TWICE - it went through a process like it was installing high sierra. then after two reboots, the “mac OS install” option disappeared and i was only left with my normal booting icon which i selected and then got into the a screen with the apple icon and beneath it “completing installation: about XX minutes remaining” which in my case was 18 long nervous minutes...

but hurrah! success. nvidia driver had to be updated. audio working, but USB3 broken (again)...

Last edited:
Updated Clover to 4509, custom install --> selected vboxhfs64.efi under Drivers64UEFI, then updated through App Store, and patched AppleHDA as usual.
Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 13.04.16.png
Copied and removed verbose output from upgraded apfs.efi :
- cp /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
- sudo perl -i -pe 's|\x00\x74\x07\xb8\xff\xff|\x00\x90\x90\xb8\xff\xff|sg' /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/apfs.efi

macOS 10.13.5 (17F77):clap:

Last edited:
I also had to run
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh) -f 387.10.10.10.30.107
which allowed me to get NVIDIA GPU support back. Before I did this it kept throwing errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back