Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a problem with Clover v4509. As soon as it's fixed, we'll update with the Download > Clover with the recompiled version that we use in MultiBeast. So, you should "roll back" to 4428.

It's not necessary. However, UniBeast and MultiBeast will be updated in the near future as kexts and a working version of the latest Clover become available. In the meantime, use the current UniBeast and MultiBeast. Then, update your apfs.efi after the installation.
I saw my partition, but updating clover to latest 4509, and now I can’t see partition on boot (only see my windows).

I can boot though on old USB key, but AppleDisplayPolicy in kextpatch is not working ( no pisplayport )

i had the same problem. I noticed that VBoxHfs-64.efi was missing in CLOVER > drivers64UEFI. Copied it from the EFI-Backups folder and I was able to boot.

Updated without any issues here but required the following steps:
a) Updated to newapfs.efi
b) Reinstall sound drivers
c) Applied the new USB 3.0 patch.
I updated from 10.13.3 to 10.13.5.

Last edited:
So I got it the other way around? Meaning my macOS could break if I update it before I copied the APFS driver to Clover?
I don't think it would break, but if it will - you'll probably be able to solve the issue by updating apfs.efi afterwards.
But you should just add apfs.efi update to your pre-install tasks, together with updating Clover and your kexts to latest versions :)

//edit / update:
the problems described below had nothing to do with the update itself!

after following the advice from @ironwood (thx dude!) i recognized, that even the driver installation failed.
this kind of proved me that it must be something with backup/reinstall.
long story short, i went to recovery mode again, reinstalled again and now everything is working as expected including the reinstallation of my plugins etc.

system itself runs good. updated the nvidia driver which resulted in crashing the driver manager
Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 11.25.26.png

secondly (and maybe a bit off topic): i tend to have problems with installing regular applications.
i rebuild my system today via a time machine backup to 10.13.4 and couldnt boot. so i reinstalled via recovery which installed the update.
then i had to reinstall some apps, especially a bunch of "waves audio" plugins and during the install process it seems that there are some rights issues. shortly after asking for my password to install it freezes. this happened to a few other applications as well.

some of you guys have an idea if it´s because of a messed up backup or could the update be the bad guy?!

Last edited:
system itself runs good. updated the nvidia driver which resulted in crashing the driver manager
Download the new 387.10.10.10.35.106 installer directly from NVIDIA. Uninstall the old web driver via the preference pane in System Preferences, restart, then install the new driver using the downloaded installer; restart, should be good.

Performed apfs.efi update as instructed, installed update via MAS, let the installer do its thing, did NVIDIA driver update via System Preferences, rebooted and all is fine, including sound. No additional changes required.

> apfs.efi-

Can someone explain when I would need to copy this file over? I have upgraded just fine many times without doing this?
And why is there a version stored here and the instructions say to copy it from the updates system?
I am a bit confused and could use some guidance thanks.

Update from App Store. All ok but no more Realtek alc887 audio embedded in the mono :(
Audi via USB works ok.
Tried to update drivers with MultiBeast but no results.
Any suggestion is really appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back