Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated my 3 builds without any problem.

The slow boots on later apfs is likely trim on a drive that doesn't work well with apfs trim. I eventually just got a newer SSD to solve the problem, alternatively i bet if you disabled trimforce or clover trim patch it'd boot fast too with later apfs drivers.
I have NVMe drive as boot drive and 1 other EVO 850 SSD and an ordinary 1 TB HD for Timemachine backup. It's not an iMac :).

Last edited:
You can patch apfs.efi with the following command if you don't want the white text (verbose output) on startup:
Code:
perl -i -pe 's|\x00\x74\x07\xb8\xff\xff|\x00\x90\x90\xb8\xff\xff|sg' apfs.efi

Zyphrax that was the coolest thing you've ever said! Thanks!

No problems here with 10.13.5.

This patch still works for AQC 107 10 Gb ethernet for me.
Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 2.42.19 PM.png

Yes. See Post #1 for the link to the latest download.

Hey, why people keep asking this? I mean, is it a good idea to update Clover's APFS while not updating macOS? Seems risky to me..

Running Dell XPS 8930 with Clover 4509.
No issues upgrading to 10.13.5.

All I did was run the install and update apfs.efi.

You can patch apfs.efi with the following command if you don't want the white text (verbose output) on startup:
Code:
perl -i -pe 's|\x00\x74\x07\xb8\xff\xff|\x00\x90\x90\xb8\xff\xff|sg' apfs.efi

FileVault 2 users:
- install the update using the App Store
- reboot your system
- select the installer partition (press F3 if hidden)
- login, it will install for a minute and reboot again
- select the installer partition again
- login, it will resume installation
- done!

Thank you for FileVault 2 instructions. But for the life of me, I can't get Installer partition to show up in clover. Installed updated apfs.efi...

Hey, why people keep asking this? I mean, is it a good idea to update Clover's APFS while not updating macOS? Seems risky to me..
I think it should be fine to use 10.13.5's apfs.efi with macOS 10.13.1, for example.

But newer apfs.efi files are uploaded because the macOS installer won't update apfs.efi on your machine (Only on a real Mac...). You need to update it before every update (If a newer file exists).
They are not uploaded for users with old versions of macOS, that are still going to use an old version.

Updated through MAS without a hitch. Thought I had the Nvidia version check disabled but apparently not since it booted without the driver. Ran the Webdriver All Versions app and after another reboot, had the driver back in action.

upload_2018-6-1_14-22-7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back