Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
worked without any problems...

Updated through MAS no problems except it reset my default boot device in bios (f22g). Applied nvidia patch after. imac 17.1, nvme 960 (HSF+), clover version 4509

MAN the updater field to rebuild my kext cache after the update, it hanged on the apple logo, same thing happen when I went to 13.4, and Im on a Real Macbook! It took a lot of fiddling with kextcache rebuilds to get this back to work. if someone have been through the same tell me please. because now im very extant to update hahaha

Build 17F77 BTW but u probably already know that.

Running Dell XPS 8930 with Clover 4509.
No issues upgrading to 10.13.5.

All I did was run the install and update apfs.efi.

You can patch apfs.efi with the following command if you don't want the white text (verbose output) on startup:
Code:
perl -i -pe 's|\x00\x74\x07\xb8\xff\xff|\x00\x90\x90\xb8\xff\xff|sg' apfs.efi

FileVault 2 users:
- install the update using the App Store
- reboot your system
- select the installer partition (press F3 if hidden)
- login, it will install for a minute and reboot again
- select the installer partition again
- login, it will resume installation
- done!

Updated my system with AMD RX560, haven't updated APFS.efi yet but so far so good, sound works, no issues.

Updated through App store. Update went fine. No problems. I'm also on first apfs.efi. It boots a lot faster than later editions. It's only needed for clover to be able to read the partition.

Updated from AppStore without problems.

One thing though: No need for Nvidia driver? It is working with default macOS Graphic Driver in 5K Resolution.
However Night Shift doesn't work, I am still using flux.

Here's the System Report - Graphics/Display Section:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 4095 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x13c2
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: VBIOS 84.04.36.00.72
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3

Displays:

DELL UP2715K:

Resolution: 5120 x 2880 (5K/UHD+ - Ultra High Definition Plus)
UI Looks like: 2560 x 1440
Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: [[deleted]]
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Anyone know about the GTX 960?

Updated through App store. Update went fine. No problems. I'm also on first apfs.efi. It boots a lot faster than later editions. It's only needed for clover to be able to read the partition.
The slow boots on later apfs is likely trim on a drive that doesn't work well with apfs trim. I eventually just got a newer SSD to solve the problem, alternatively i bet if you disabled trimforce or clover trim patch it'd boot fast too with later apfs drivers.

Updated apfs.efi, downloaded update from MAS, had to boot -x to force update webdriver, but the system runs perfectly.
9R4aRQk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back