Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I use the USB install disk?
Not needed. I've updated my Clover a couple of times. The tonymacx86 Clover installer is meant to run right on your Desktop. Download the installer, run it and then reboot. It's that easy.

Try boot arg. nv_disable=1, go to system preferences and disable nv web drivers, if you get in to OS reload web drivers and then reboot.
Thanks, I’ll try that.

How are the web drivers used by the 10.13.5 updated? I mean in the intermediary step of booting from the boot install disk that is only there when upgrading, are the web drivers used for that somehow?

Not needed. I've updated my Clover a couple of times. The tonymacx86 Clover installer is meant to run right on your Desktop. Download the installer, run it and then reboot. It's that easy.
Problem is I can not boot to macOS from Clover 4509 because the macOS boot entry is missing. Only Windows boot entries are visible (I am dual booting from 2 separate SSD).

Hi, i go to AppStore for updated and not luck for now....

"macOS could not be installed" and reboot...

Solved: Download Combo Update, reboot tree times and luck

Replace apfs.efi and all ok

Last edited:
Problem is I can not boot to macOS from Clover 4509 because the macOS boot entry is missing. Only Windows boot entries are visible (I am dual booting from 2 separate SSD).

Quoted from Monewbo on ******;
« 4502 IIRC and newer no longer automatically installs vboxhfs64.efi.
You have to select it, (it'sunder drivers64uefi) when installing or add it to /EFI/EFI/Clover/dirivers64UEFI »

• Boot with a Clover USB Bootable drive (if you kept a backup, great! If not, you can create a new one by following the Installation Guide and on step 4 your main partition should show up)

• With Clover Configurator, update to 4509 but this time with custom installation (make sure the vboxhsf64.efi is checked)

• Reboot and your drive should show up

Thanks, I’ll try that.

How are the web drivers used by the 10.13.5 updated? I mean in the intermediary step of booting from the boot install disk that is only there when upgrading, are the web drivers used for that somehow?

once installed and you have internet access you can find them in downloads section on this site.

Quoted from Monewbo on ******;
« 4502 IIRC and newer no longer automatically installs vboxhfs64.efi.
You have to select it, (it'sunder drivers64uefi) when installing or add it to /EFI/EFI/Clover/dirivers64UEFI »

• Boot with a Clover USB Bootable drive (if you kept a backup, great! If not, you can create a new one by following the Installation Guide and on step 4 your main partition should show up)

• With Clover Configurator, update to 4509 but this time with custom installation (make sure the vboxhsf64.efi is checked)

• Reboot and your drive should show up
I have a Clover USB boot drive but it has an older macOS 10.13.3 and earlier Clover build installed, so somehow I still could not boot to my main mac partition. I will create a new 10.13.5 boot drive with 4428 clover and try again.

So once my main partition shows up, how can I copy vboxhfs64.efi to EFI folder without booting to desktop?

I appreciate your input. Thanks a lot.

Every time i try to boot from Install partition after restarting, it gives me a prohibitory sign. When I boot into verbose, there is graphical glitches when the prohibitory sign shows up and from what I can make of it is "Still waiting for root device". I've tried removing all the flags I have set up in clover to just -v and -x, disabled web driver inject flags and have SIP disabled and still no luck.

All methods including MAS, combo and update.

8700k | Asus Z370-i | MacOS install on external SSD via USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back