Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I'm on 10.13.4

I put a USB patch, and most importante, a new lilu kext.
  • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
  • Find* [HEX]: 837d940f 0f839704 0000
  • Replace* [HEX]: 837d940f 90909090 9090

New patch needed:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>

Thank you so much...BUT (shame on me) I am a total newbie. Can you please tell me how to patch? I'm using clover configurator and I do not know honestly how to make it usb 3 back to work.

sorry for my bad English..

thanks!

One must make an attempt to have any possibility of success.

While this is certainly true and you and the other Mods on here generally do a great job with these, in the real world, the saying that "a picture is worth a thousand words" is not far from the truth. I'm a Mechanical Engineer by trade (who also got into computer troubleshooting and assembly by necessity doing drafting back in the IBM PC days when 3D was nothing more than colored vectors on a dark CRT - at best) and I have to realize how a lot of what I design has to be assembled by someone who has never seen anything I've created. I can describe or write assembly directions until I'm blue in the face/my hand shrivels up and falls off but if I haven't gotten the idea across or an understanding of what's involved in putting something a bit more involved than "tab A into slot B" then I have to find some other way to convey that concept to others and nothing beats a good series of screenshots or renderings in universally getting the point across. Any attempt at adding graphics to ANY of the guides on this site (as they also transcend differences in language) is a huge step in the right direction - even when they involve code or text entries. Kudos to those who put that extra effort into doing so. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox and return you to our regularly scheduled programming which is already in progress.

CPU PM is an important task, but has nothing to do with USB.

And for your hardware, you do not need ssdtPRgen.sh generated SSDT.aml.
You only need config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.
Noted. Thank you.

Last edited:
On my older system I am using the latest web drivers, the latest versions of nvidiagraphicsfixup and lilu. Under System Parameters in my config.plist I have NvidiaWeb ticked off. The drivers are working fine for me with no lag. You need to put the kexts in your EFI folder in Clover/kexts/other not in L/E, delete them from L/E and copy them into Clover/kexts/other

On my older system I am using the latest web drivers, the latest versions of nvidiagraphicsfixup and lilu. Under System Parameters in my config.plist I have NvidiaWeb ticked off. The drivers are working fine for me with no lag. You need to put the kexts in your EFI folder in Clover/kexts/other not in L/E, delete them from L/E and copy them into Clover/kexts/other

Thank you very much ashman! Moving the kexts in Clover/kexts/other fixed the black screen issue for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back