Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone Hackingtosher, I have need of some questions before doing this update!!!
I do not understand if i must update the apfs files, replace new Nvidiafixupkext, fix USB ports and update Nvidia web driver before or after the update???
Currently I have High Sierra 10.13, I can update via App-store or is better the combo update?
During the update when the system reboot since I have a dual boot with windows which partition I must select in clover boot options???

Thanks in advance :):):)

Upgrade the APFS file and went ahead and upgraded the OS. Everything works fine here.

Update went fine.
Obligatory BlackScreen - need to reapply the AGDPfix.

But one thing feels odd - the reaction of my Mac (switch between apps or even switch tasks within safari) feels some kind of lagging or hanging. But when looking into activity monitor everything looks fine. Cpu-Usage about 20-30% and just 8GB of 16GB RAM used. Maybe someone has a clue?

@Sniki - Handoff/Continuity works (Safari-Popup @mac when using iPhone X or iPad Pro.) and vice versa.
Same for the Universal Clipboard.
What kext & patch combinations are you exactly using ?

Think I found a fix for new bootable media with High Sierra 10.13.4
1. Use the 'createinstallmedia' command in Terminal https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app
3. Install Clover
2. Delete .IAPhysicalMedia from Install macOS High Sierra
Code:
rm /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia
The install volume is now visible for Clover
Thanks a lot!

Update with no issues, but slow.. and slugish kinda

Hi Fatbike,
I have the same flickering problem with my second hack with HD 630.
Snce I have a Coffee Lake I should remain in 18,3 profile. Tried to raise ram to 128 with no luck. How much did you put in your video ram bios?
Thanks!
A.

After upgrading I had the flicki

I had the same problem and solved it by:
Changed from iMac18.2 to iMac17.1 and increased the video ram in bios.
Now everything works perfect again, but still see two HD630 video cards in system information.

Hi huys, after i update my hackintosh, my mac doesn't show up and read usb and sd card with high dimension (upon 16gb). anyone know why and a possibile solution? thanks
See Post #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back